Health Anxiety attack !

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I have fibro and im currently feeling really anxious. Ive got it into my head that because my muscles are aching and ive got mottled skin tone that ive got meningitis! Im now in such a flap, getting hot and heavy breathing so i thought writing on here might help. this is the latest one , everyday I think ive got a major disease like cancer or am going to drop down dead because of a heart attack because i get chest pain. This happens mainly at night when im alone in my room. Can anyone else relate to this? I always feel that I should go straight to the doctors or A and E and have done only to be told "everythings fine" but Ive always got it in my head "well what if I dont go and there really is something wrong next time" . I am on sertraline for the anxiety which has been helping but isnt going away completely. There are so many symptoms I experience that I find it hard to believe it is all down to fibro rolleyes I am 21

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have more pain in my right hand but the pains in my neck shoulders and upper back are more painful on the left side. rolleyes
  • Posted

Yes Holly this another thing that always worries me. Mine is predominantly right sided. Don't know if it's because it's my dominant side or because of my posture but it's ten times worse than my left !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.