Health anxiety dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Scared I'm dying

I'm always dizzy feeling off balanced my head feels heavy, I been on Meds for two weeks (sertaline 50mg) I sometimes get this anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. I do manage to workout everyday which helps me out a lot and I meditate after. I'm going to see a neurologist next week because I think I have a problem with my brain.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I did the same thing. 2 Neuro's, MRI, Cat scan. Surgery cause they said I had a cyst under my eye. Well it was not a cyst and I did not feel better. I got  sinus surergy that I did not need. That was fun. (not). Here's the thing. If there is a medical problem,we will worry and pray. If it's anxiety, we are anxious first, then the weird things come I had the same symptoms you do.Oh the heavy head, and balance. Terrible cause it never goes away. The Neuro doc tried everything from Blood presure pills to muscle relaxers. Did not work. I had been on a anxiety med for quite a while, and one day I woke up with this. I wish I would have told my family doc to try another med,but I didn't and I had the head and balance thing for  8 long long years. Finally I had enough and told my family doc to take me off this med and try something else. WAH-LAH. It worked. Been good now for about 8-10 years. If I were you, I would try another med or meds first. I take 60mg Cymbalta, and 20 Amitriptyline. It was like a miracle to me, after feeling like crap for so long. With  your heavy head that feels like it's going to burst, sounds like anxiety. Just saying.  I think you should try another med or a combo first, and see how you feel. You might save yourself a lot of unnecessary grief.

• Posted

Hi Jen..can you please share your email id ? I have been experiencing the same and have been very anxious. Hope youre better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.