Health anxiety is creeping in, what do i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 16 years old and it all started a few weeks ago when i was scared i was pregnant. I had a cough at the time and i was also a little worked up over Ebola, even though there is a very small risk for that where i live. I started to look up all kinds of symptoms of pregnancy, ebola and the causes for a cough. After that i became really emoiobal and started to cry about the smallest things, and i had also been on birth control pills for 3 months. After i realised the cough or being pregnant was no worry i started to really monitor my heartbeat and realised that my heartrate felt really high. I started to worry constantly after i almost fainted at school, so i looked up more symptoms. Heart attack or stroke were the things that my mind picked up. I had a hard panic attack at christmas and apent a long time in the bathroom crying. I am in constant worry of my heart and chest pains, and it feels like i feel pains everywhere. I also feel like i cant do anything, im constantly tired and im scared to get physically active because i think im gonna have a heartattack because of my heartrate. At times i tell myself im ok, and my ecg and blood test came out fine even though i have low iron in my body so i have pills for that. 

I really need people who have the same anxiety pf dropping dead or something, and i want to know if im alone with this smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.