Health Anxiety is driving me nuts

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have had so many weird and odd symptoms and I have a habit of googling, which I think is the worst thing to do!! I'm 47 and have had trouble with my periods since my teens. Lately they seem to be very erratic, then I can miss a couple then have large clotting. Sorry if that's too much info. I have period pain almost daily and I have had that for years. Have had many ultrasounds to show nothing.My joints have started to ache and its an effort to get out of bed each morning. My head feels weird, I feel like sometimes I could pass out. Sometimes I have trouble taking deep breaths. I have ringing in my ears and an odd whooshing sound. This is mainly at night and I have woken on the occasion to a really weird off balance feeling even though I'm laying down. It's very hard to explain. I have also started to get reflux and a bit of nausea and I have also been diagnosed with Burning Mouth Syndrome which has flared up lately. This seems like I'm complaining(in a way I am haha) I just feel very alone and I feel others think I'm a hypochondriac but these symptoms are very real. Anyone else have the same symptoms as me?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

wow its reassuring that we are all having these symptoms, i always think the worse, its got so bad that I hate being alone which has caused problems in my marriage. My daughter is taking my hubby away for a few days and I am scared as the symptoms are so draining that my anxiety gets so bad that I need people around me. Today its neck & jaw pain, maybe its tooth related so I will be going to dentist to see, it seems like my teeth & gums are so sensitive since menopause, my mouth literally feels like its on fire. But I guess we just have to get through it. hugs to all of you x

• Posted

I've had bleeding gums and my mouth and sometimes my throat burn. Then the pain goes to my ear. I can go 6 months and have no mouth or ear pain then all of a sudden it comes back. So frustrating! Hang in there it sounds like you have good support in your daughter x

• Edited

Hi Kylie, My health anxiety is high too since my crazy symptoms started aprox 4 years ago. It seems every couple months my symptoms change to something else, some return. At the moment I have been dealing with rib pain for about 3 weeks, it feels like I have been weight lifting and pulled all my muscles, but I didn't do anything different. I also have burning mouth which I have not had in almost a year, the rib pain too I have had before maybe a year ago.So as usual I will visit the doctor and ask to be checked over. i had a good year where I did not need to go to the doctor as my symptoms were mild to none, and here we are me wondering, did I crack a rib? gallbladder? or is it just the hormones causing the aches.

• Edited

I'm so glad I found this site. As stupid as it sounds I feel better reading about other ladies experiences as they are so similar to my own. If I went to the doctor with every new ache or pain I'd be there everyday!! So I try not to focus on it. And yes I question every new symptom aswell and of course I think the worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.