health anxiety not one day without symtoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does this happen to anybody else I have not had one day without symtoms for as long as I can remember ? Even when my anxiety was not bad and it was cope able I just ignored symtoms then but they was there everyday can be new different or the same ones repeating ?

Main symtoms that have stayed

Breathing problem that cause nausea and feeling as if I'm about to shut down

Dry lips and hands (never had dry lips of hands before )

Random shooting pains in rib/chest area and deep aches in same places and arms

Muscle twitching

Jelly legs

Dizzyness

Random headaches/migrain

Urgent toilet trips

I will have all kind of symtoms ranging in between these but one of them is always there no matter what normal the breathing it's like a 24 hour thing aswell I don't get a brake is this normal for health anxiety I also suffer other anxiety but not as bad as this accept if I have to go out on my own then I suppose it's the same as health anxiety levels ?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, your symptoms sound exactly like mine, although i am having a lot more feelings than you have listed above, i also get cold hands and feet, tingling in fingers and up arm, I can feel my pulse very strongly in my head, stomach and ears. head pressure ect. 

I have dry lips and have done ever since my anxiety started. for the past few weeks my anxiety like you has been constant. The breathing a 24 hour thing also. No matter what type of breathing exercise i do or relaxation method i can't seem to calm down or stop the symptom . Which makes you panic worse because your constantly feeling anxious and have the symptoms to go with it.

The only thing i can suggest to do, is try and keep your mind busy. i know that sounds daft. but for instance, i started to write a story rolleyes im only 20 years old but figured it might help. I have no idea what im doing i'm not a writer but i forget about the symptoms completely for that hour im writing. Find something that works for you to take your mind of it. Im going to see the doctor tomorrow to ask about propranolol as ive heard great things. maybe speak to your doctor.

Good luck with it all

hope you feel better soon smile 

• Posted

I have head pressure ect but just not everyday I have a massive list of symtosm but no point in writing them but it's just strange you would think they would be a break from the symtoms I also started written a story it's something I did as a child but my mind can't seem to do it properly as I will get real frustrated or a symtoms will happen and I can't keep my head into it I will start panicking and going a little crazy I don't really have panic attack anymore though I do have worry attacks but there just so different I'm 22 it's not fair is it
    • Posted

I get it. I honestly am still trying to figure out how to deal with it and get it under control but just wanted to let you know those feelings are normal. Im 21 in june and have planned nothing as i don't leave the house unless i absouloutley have to because of the sensations i get. But i'm hopefully starting propranolol soon the ones you take as and when you want them. i know a few people that are on the same thing and have been very pleased with the results. it's not a cure but it will help with my symptoms while i re-train my mind. (become alot easier) It's not fair that we are so young and are feeling so much but it can only get better. It can't exsactly get any worse can it? Stay positive and be strong.. i hope you can overcome this smile 

P.S do things you enjoy if you get fustrated writing take a break from it count to 10 and have another go. you'll get there 

• Posted

Hey Steph. Im 22 and I experience the same thing most days to the point where every now and again i just cry and cry because im so sick of it. we unfortunatley have to just stay as positive as possible!! Its all linked and is a viscoious circle. Symptoms trigger anxiety and anxiety triggers symptoms if you get what i mean. I have an extreme sickness phobia which has noe developed into generalized anxiety but i have it under control to a certain extent to which i hold down a full time job and live my life as normal as possible with the odd dodgy day here and there but i feel sick, i get dizzy and feel faint along with the urge to go toilet etc. i find telling someone how i feel makes things easier. everyone around me is aware i have these anxiety days and that puts me at ease. Im not sure if your already on medication but if not be careful what you are offered. medication can make things much much worse in the long run. i have only gave in 2 weeks ago to a low dose of amytryptaline to help me sleep and i wont take them for long as medication can have some harrowing side effects. 

Take deep breaths, tell others how you are feeling, think positive thoughts. Exersise regualry even if it means taking a short walk were you live. Listen to music or read a book to take your mind of things. i find fresh air very comforting. Also check your diet as thats big part of how you feel. I take a multi vitamin and drink pribotics. I also take peppermint tablets if my tummy feels a little off and they are the best herbal remedy. 

together we can help eachother and we can beat these awful thoughts!!

• Posted

Iys horrible isn't it that's amazing that you still get on with daily things I too just at the point where I brake down and cry I woke up early hour this morning crying because of it takes over I'm not on any medication had bad side effects to it so not taking the chance I have done cbt but quit today because even my cbt worker felt it wasn't the right time for me as I have other responsibility and there getting in the way so I'm at a loss end people around me know what I'm going through but I'm also having problems with my partner because of all this and he is now really fed up I'm fed up too but I can't help it I don't want to be feeling this nobody does x
    • Posted

I understsnd completely. I have also had CBT and it didnt do much. unfortunaltey if you wanna earn a living they do not offer many services to help outside of working hours so im just battling through. We all get down days but the positives is what you have to live for. Do you work? I lost my other job a while back and was at home alot and i spiralled with anxiety so having a commitment like my new job keeps me sane. also theres alot in life i wanna do and at 22 im determined to beat this anxious feeling. but on a down day i feel as tho im hopeless. x 
    • Posted

No I don't work as much as I'd love to I can't bring myself t do it I'm petrified at the thought of one thing happening 😔 unfortunately have to leave it all to my partner to bring the money in too so I totally lost my independence it's great that you still manage too there's a lot I want to do aswell but it gym in the way so depressing xx
    • Posted

i understand how you have come to stop working. If i gave up work i dont think i could cope being home all day. I know its scary for you but i rekon it would be a massive accomplishment for you and also life changing if you thought about a small job few hours a week or something vouluntary to get yourself going again. Scary thought i know but imagine if that one little thing helped you manage your life again? or even take up a hobbie, walking or going out and about. the thought of wokring kills me sometimes but once im there and when the day is over i feel relived but proud. they say another day another dollar!! 

you need something to take your mind of how you feel. dont get to comfortable in the way you feel now if you know what  i mean? theres a light at the end of every tunnle even if it seems a long way away you will get there smile 

• Posted

Aww thank you really means a lot as I do want to feel proud of myself just haven't got the mind to do it even though it needs to be done it is driving me crazy staying in its crazyily boring I will get there I'm sure just hoping it's very soon xx
    • Posted

just take little steps at a time and soon enough you will get there. set yourself a goal. deep breaths when your panic comes & breathe through it. keep smiling smile
  • Posted

Hi step, I can't help with an answer to how u are feeling but I also have a lot of what you describe, I also get head pressure find it hard to walk alone, cannot go into shops without feeling dizzy it's a nightmare, I have always put it down to health anxiety hope you find a resolve 😊xx
    • Posted

Thank you sire we will all find a way out of it but it's not nice to go through especially as it effects going out or been independent xx
    • Posted

do either of you loose your apitite also? im a big eater when im feeling ok but i loose my apetite alot and im assuming its my anxiety? i feel like i know i should eat but i dont fancy anything so i end up eating even tho i dont want to which makes me feel worse. x
    • Posted

Yes I'm a big eater but some days I can't hardly eat I'm in size 6_8 I'm normally a 10-12 it's shocking how much it can change eating habits xx
  • Posted

Hi Steph, yes, I do randomly have several of those . Especially the dizziness, the nausea, sometimes I even just gag for no reason, the urgent trips to the bathroom are frquent which is very common with anxiety. 

Kathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.