health anxiety ruining my life

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everybody hope all is well! 

So I have cystic fibroses but touch wood ive never ha any problems with im 25 years old and ive been feeling phlegmy and keep getting chest pains and I'm convinced my dying! I can't sleep or eat and keep going to the toilet because I'm nervous I went to hospital and they give me an x-Ray that was the same as my last xray 6 years ago so that's made me feel a bit at ease and he's given me steroids because he said I may have a bit of bronchitis but all I can think is this is the start of Bein being ill for the rest of my life sad(( I think my cystic fibroses hasn't been so bad all this time because my dad never carried the gene just my mum and it mutated itself to me. Can someone please put my mind to rest and tell me will the chest pains go?!?

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also I've been to see about 10 doctors in a week because I'm convinced it's something worse ive been crying all day every day it's terrible!!
  • Posted

Hya huni my daughter was diagnoised with cf it really isn't a big deal any more as research are coming close to a cure!! Also your chest pains are due to anxiety it's pretty normal to have chest pains.. Do you excersice atall? Tie che is brilliant for ppl with cf as it clears your lungs please try to excersice cardio is brilliant excersice this will help your lungs get stronger also try to do juicing with fruits there's a lot of juicing recipes to help strengthen your immune system I give theses my daughter to help her cf xxxx
    • Posted

Thank you for the kind words jade I just feel so hopeless ive never really thought about it honestly everyone in our house is unwell more than me but I was online the other day and I saw some woman write a post saying her daughter was ok untill she was 25 then she got unwell for 2 years and its realy scared me!! I can jog for 4miles usually but not while I'm under the weather how old is your daughter?? Xxx
    • Posted

Don't go reading things on the internet huni a lot of the imformation is old!! Times have changed huni and a lot of ppl live full and healthy lives with cf and are very fit than a lot of people. I recently read a story in news paper of a 70 year old woman who was diagnoised with cf!! Running is brilliant huni you should keep that up my daughter is 20 years old I constantly nag her to excersice she's doing great she's off to university in January. And no problem if you need to chat I'm here for you don't go scaring yourself you will be fine huni xxxx
  • Posted

As mentioned in my previous entry, I have always had juices growing up. Juicing is not just for 'weight loss' as it's generally promoted for. It really is a 'normalizer', balances out our bodies if we're sick, skinny, fat or whatever, it's just super good for you! I personally only noticed the huge difference juice can make to my health when I got serious about it at age 15. My parent's bought a fancy juicer and we arranged a weekly order at our local Organic Market of 20kg Carrots, 10kg Apples. To get cracking, I had 13 (8 ounce) cups a day. Ratio: 3/4 Carrots + 1/4 Apples. Later on I introduced a half a medium Beetroot. 

(Note: Having CF I have always eaten, never fasted on juice alone, but this post is just about the Juice benefits...)

FAQ: How did this specifically help with my Cystic Fibrosis?

1. Carrots naturally contain high amounts of Vitamin A, which thins mucus. (Being from a vegetable, you can never over dose on this form of Vit A unlike it's synthetic counterparts)

2. Hydration is absolutely vital for the body, hydration helps move the mucus from all organs, including the lungs

3. By Juicing fresh & drinking within the day, the juice retains it's naturally occurring enzyme activity from the produce, therefore enhancing our bodies enzyme activity & assisting with elimination

4. Juicing the Veg & Fruit it means the quantity you can take in is an enormous amount more, hence more nutrients than if you had say a salad. Therefore helps malnutrition caused by CF is assisted

5. Juice is easy to digest making the nutritional benefits easier to absorb for compromised digestive systems

6. Juice oxygenates cells, increases oxygen blood levels

7. Promotes blood quality, normal blood pressure & production of healthy blood

8. Assists liver cleansing, detox the drugs!!

9. Helps regulate the intestinal track with hydrating, enzymes, fibre & clearing build up

10. Reduces (for me) the need for massive amounts of prescribed Enzymes

11. Increases energy levels

12. Has been know to assist with fertility by clearing excessive mucus & regulating hormones (worked for me!) 

13. Assists to build a stronger immunity, making colds & flu less frequent

14. Assists in fighting bacterial infections

15. Reduces cholesterol build up in the arteries & heart (which is a big consideration with a high fat diet)

16. Improves Vitamin & Mineral levels

There are of course other great benefits to the whole body from juicing. I'm just stating all the CF connection that I've experienced from Juicing my way to better health. Asian medicine see the body as whole. You cannot just target symptoms endlessly, like the CF cough. The condition of your whole body, all it's organs, contributes to it's function. For instance, I've often noticed if my guts are no good, my cough is much worse. Vice versa. It's all connected!!

Albert Einstein aptly said,"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". I was going mad with the endless cycle of drugs and feeling ill all the time. That's how I saw it, if I wanted to have a different outcome to what the regular hospital recommends I needed to do something positive, proactive and additional for my general well being. I want to bounce back. I want to rebuild. I want to get stronger. I want to slow down the degeneration of CF. To do that we need to take responsibility for our health by making healthy choices. I know it can't fix the problem entirely, but at least by doing extra, more natural thing to assist my health, I know I've done everything I can for a better life. I'm pretty happy with the results thus far! 

Please do feel free to contact me with any questions or please do let me know how (or if) juicing helped you. It would be a great New Years Resolution! I always love to hear your feedback and wish you all very good health! xo

Please note: I recommend you read/learn more about juicing before starting if you've never done it before. Note too that if you do chose begin to juice, you may feel a bit 'unwell' at first. It's very common to react that way whilst the body is cleaning out for the first time. People with CF may notice an increase of mucus, congestion, gut cramps whilst things get moving! This is a similar experience to Kalydeco in that it's helping clear it out mucus from all around the body. In this case I would suggest to take it slow, build up to bigger amounts of juice. Once past this initial stage, give it 30 days, most people begin to feel much better than before!

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I've just pasted a page for you huni  please read this it will take a few mins before you can read it as it's being reviewed xx
    • Posted

Thank you jade I'll read it as soon as I'm ready your last post made me feel tons better that so good about your daughter I know there's loads of new treatments and things it's just first these chest pains started then I got a bit phlegmy and then I started having a bit of an on off pain in my stomach and I don't know if it's cf or my anxiety I hate it sad it always seems to be before my period as well making me extra emoticanal haha xxx
    • Posted

I mean I'll read it as soon as it's ready it's not showing yet smile xx
    • Posted

Awwww huni that's anxiety makes your chest hurt I also have tummy ache off anxiety too n lol I am the same with my period I'm very emotional the things woman have to go through eh my anxietys gone now bit that was due to excersice don't worry yourself sweetie it's all normal it's deffentely not your cf causing these problems and if you are phlem it's important to clear it xxx
    • Posted

I have an appointment at Liverpool hospital tomorrow I think they will send me to see the therepeast there hopefully help me with my anxiety since reading your comments I'm the happiest I've been all week youve really cheered me up ive been reading about it and only picking up on the bad things about cf!! I need to be positive ive only used my inhaler about 10 times in my life because iv never needed it so I should be greatful for that!! Thank you for your help xxxx
    • Posted

I'm so glad to help you huni and I'm so happy that I've cheered you up let me know how your appointment goes xxx
    • Posted

Hello jade just replying to you from last night my pulmanary lung function was 95% the doctor said it was better than his :D my xray was spot on so I'm happy smile still having chest pains and back a ribs wondering if it could be something to do with posture or something so scarey not having all the answers!! Xxx
  • Posted

It sound like you are trying to come down with a virous or a bronchial infection mnemonia.

you get chest pains and tighness in the chest and have a hard time breathing does it hurt in your lungs when you breath deep?

again there are natural things you can take for inflammation without the steroids.

Oregano oil is one of the strongest natural antibiotics on the planet. Its incredible antioxidant capacityoregano oil can be used to treat bronchitis makes it the go-to solution for flu prevention and natural bronchitis treatment. The active ingredient in this herb is carvacrol, a phenol anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory that eases chest congestion and eradicates disease. 

Allicin is the main compound that gives garlic its powerful antiviral, antibacterial properties.

Research has shown that thyme is an effective herbal remedy for bronchitis. 

According to a German study, cough and mucus production was reduced by over 60% with a combination of thyme and primrose. 

• Posted

You must try Gabapentin. You will start with a low dose which will work for a few days, but over say 3 months you will need to build to your optimum dose.  Meanwhile and thereafter try paracetamol, it seems to work for me. Surprising really.

Gabapentin has a short half-life, therefore you will need to take your last at midnight and first about 6,ooam  Good luck Mikel

• Posted

Thank you everyone!! I went for a check up today and the hospital they said that my plf was 95% the highest anyone had blew today :D the doctor said it was better than he can get so I'm very happy with that he looked at my xray and said that's perfect too!! I'm unbelievably happy about that but still getting some pain in my chest with no explanation as to what it is sad thanks everyone xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.