health anxiety ruining my life

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everybody hope all is well! 

So I have cystic fibroses but touch wood ive never ha any problems with im 25 years old and ive been feeling phlegmy and keep getting chest pains and I'm convinced my dying! I can't sleep or eat and keep going to the toilet because I'm nervous I went to hospital and they give me an x-Ray that was the same as my last xray 6 years ago so that's made me feel a bit at ease and he's given me steroids because he said I may have a bit of bronchitis but all I can think is this is the start of Bein being ill for the rest of my life sad(( I think my cystic fibroses hasn't been so bad all this time because my dad never carried the gene just my mum and it mutated itself to me. Can someone please put my mind to rest and tell me will the chest pains go?!?

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have learned to let go and let God. God will heal you in his time. Just except the anxiety and change the way you think. Its a habit . You have to change the habit. It takes time and there are setbacks but you can do it. I suffered severely, lost weight, tried medicine and felt out of control and a prisioner of my own thoughts. But now I don't question my anxiety levels all day and don't think about how I feel. I replace it with positive thinking, prayer, faith and stay busy. Good luck .
  • Posted

Hi huni I'm so glad everything went well and I'm glad your happy xxxx
  • Posted

The antidepressants make my speech funny and I can't sleep will this happen the whole time I have them?? 
  • Posted

Hi Kirsty,

Chest pain can be caused by a number of things. The hospital have given you the all-clear, and that suggests that it's not a physical problem. Anxiety can, by itself, cause chest pains. Feeling very worried and stressed out about your health can also contribute.

How's your general state of health and fitness? 

I think that - because you're having difficulty sleeping, eating, and that you're nervous - your thoughts and feelings may very well be making things worse. Indeed, they may be the actual cause. But there may be another underlying reason ... If these problems persist, go back to your doctor. Make sure they do all the necessary tests.

But try not to worry! (I know, that's not easy). Yet, the hospital people have said that things are okay - so try to focus on this.

I think that, from from you say, things will improve - and you'll find that these chest pains go away!

• Posted

My chest pains have all gone now I'm just convinced I'm going mad and I'm really scared sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.