Health anxiety, tingling on my left face side and on lips and throat, is it anxiety?

Posted , 42 users are following.

I have the tingling on my left side of the face and its on the lips and throat went to the doctor, but didt say much, waiting to do blood test on Monday, but i think its just anxiety. Has anyone have something similar?

9 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi sorry your not feeling to good.

It does sound like one of the many symptoms of anxiety, its good you have had tests done to rule out anything else

• Posted

It is good you went to the doctor, that was a positive thing to do.  If you are okay physically then do some things that will help you with anxiety. For instance, go to counseling try someone who is doing biofeedback or cognitive therapist would be helpfull too.  This is a problem that can be resolved. Yoga exercizes are really helpful also. Don't worry anymore, trust God find some scriptures in the Bible that will comfort you.
  • Posted

I had this also. It came with a slight numbness and the tingling was slight in the

left cheek and lips.  I also had a red patch on my upper left arm and it spread

between my shoulder blades on my back.  I went to the ER because didn't know

what it was.  I was told I had dermatititis. My face did not droop so

they said I wasn't having a stroke and gave me a prescription for an over the counter moisterizer that didn't need one.  It didn't work so I used Calamine lotion

and the redness was gone the next day.  I have the tingling in the left cheek once in a while in the morning.  Whenever I think about anxiety I get various symptoms so that's what it probably is but a psychiatrist was not able to give me any medication to relive it.  They won't prescribe the Benzo meds anymore and the others like Buspar and Cybalta don't work.  I don't think therapy will help as my 

friends have been in therapy for decades and are not any better for it.

You have to learn relaxation techniques or have an outlet I guess.  No easy answer.  I think it is inherited as both parents had it as well as a sibling.         

• Posted

I have had this with anxiety as well. 

Are you feeling better?

• Posted

Hi I was wondering if the tingling etc on your lips and tongue how it made you feel and I also find my left arm a little weak not sure if it is but feels it x
  • Posted

I've also had these same exact anxiety symptoms, thought I was have a stroke but my face did not droop , but it was very scary . the tingling and numbness on the left side of my face and my lips and even the tip my tongue also . one of the many many anxiety symptoms, there are so.many , over 100, and I've had at least 30/40 different symptoms so far , anxiety sucks !!! Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

Jenni, I have had this same exact symptoms for years. Had it checked out when it first started. I too was scared but I am just now realizing that it is associated with my anxiety & stress. Haven't found anything that relieves the sensation . Sometimes I can ignore it but other times it creates more anxiety. But I was relieved to see I'm not the only one with this symptom. Thanks for sharing !!!!!

• Posted

Yes and rose to see that someone has had or is having these same sensations gives my relief also because they are very scary and debilitating at times even after being checked out you still worry
    • Posted

I am still dealing with mine. I was weaning myself off of my medication when a lot of terrible things started happening & I went into anxiety mode . Tried going back on my meds for 4 weeks but no change. Dr. changed my meds 2 times & after 4 months I'm slowly getting back to myself & now my left side of my lips , tip of tongue & part of my cheek is driving me bonkers. I just have to keep telling myself it is just caused by my anxiety & as soon as my body starts calming down the sensation won't be as bad. I didn't realize that these symptoms were caused by anxiety until this last extreme attack! But I have been dealing with it for at least 12 years!

• Posted

Yeah am.still dealing with mine also , everyday and to top.it off I always have head sensations sometime painful sometimes very very weird and uncomfortable
    • Posted

I too have the weird head sensations but not painful. I attribute it to my meds . I hate taking meds but if it helps my anxiety I can live with it! I come from a family history of anxiety 😟

• Posted

Hello did this ever happend again ive had it today and my aniexty kicked in I fort I was ha in a stroke it's scarey my face just keeps tingling

• Posted

Yes I went through that stage also but mine followed dizziness and a major panic attack because I thought I was dying. Right now I have a headache of and on for the past 24hrs and nausea
    • Posted

Hi I suffer with this and I hate it makes me feel so tired and weak especially in my left side I’m so scared it’s more I’ve been to the doctor several time but always anxiety they say but I’m not convinced it won’t go away xx

• Posted

Hi yes I seem to have all the symptoms you have said and my doc puts it down to anxiety he did send me for brain scan but that came back alright, but its a horrible feeling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.