Health anxiety, tingling on my left face side and on lips and throat, is it anxiety?

Posted , 42 users are following.

I have the tingling on my left side of the face and its on the lips and throat went to the doctor, but didt say much, waiting to do blood test on Monday, but i think its just anxiety. Has anyone have something similar?

9 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had very similar symptoms. My doctors tested me with MRI for tumor, MS and many blood works. Then, my dad, who has been gluten free for about 2 years reminded me that gluten sensitivity runs is genetic and effects neurological issues like all the ones I was feeling. I thought I was crazy since the doctors couldn't find something wrong. I removed gluten and the tingling goes away. Eat some and it returns. Not to mention a knee that feels better and I can breathe better. Read about gluten sensitivity symptoms. I'm hoping to share so that others can feel better possibly by a simple change to eating. Not always simple but worth it!

• Posted

Hi, i'm glad you posted this, I almost a year with these symptoms. i will try the glyten free, since I because lactose intolarant out of no where years ago I can see this being a possibility. Our bodies go through so many changes. I hope this works for me. Thank you

• Posted

OMG!!!!! So happy I came across this post because I thought I was going crazy. About 7 months ago I starts getting these weird headaches, head pressure, warm feeling in the left side of my face, weak left arm and tingling in my lips and left hand and also Globus sensation in throat. I have been to the ER several times and they did MRI's, Cat scans, blood work, u name it and everything came back normal. For the globus sensation they said I had GERD but I later saw a Gastroenterologist who did an endoscopy and that came back normal. I was told it could be the thyroid, did ultrasound and there was a non cancerous nodule on the left thyroid, blood test was done to further test for the thyroid. Waiting for the results. I now have an appointment with a Neurologist.  I pray everything is ok and this anxiety can just disappear from us all but, I know there's an underlining issue that's causing this anxiety. I pray they can get to the bottom of it.

• Posted

My face and lips have been going numb for a while I saw a neurologist and he said nothing to be done so frustrating 

Last two days waking up lips and top half of face numb 

• Posted

I started getting those feelings few days ago .. started with tingling left arm and next day its on left face side eyes and cheecks and left ear , i did brain MRI and it was clean , anybody had a success story fighting ghis anexity ?
  • Posted

I’ved just recently find out i have anxiety and this happened to me today I really did think I was having a stroke ://
  • Posted

I have lupus raynauds syndrome and fibromyalgia don’t know if any of these are pertinent my neurologist more or less said learn to live with it
  • Posted

Hi

I have tingling in my lower left lip. I comes and goes. I suffer chronic anxiety, migraine and Diabetes Type 2. I thought last time I had it I may have migraine without the pain as I has visual aura. Sometimes that's happened in the past but never the tingling bottom lip. Now I just don't know. I think its time to see a doctor.

• Posted

I am so glad to hear people suffer numbness in the face from anxiety. I am an anxiety sufferer and this week I have had a numb face and slurred speech. I experienced a panic attack and an ambulance came, and they checked me over and I was all fine. It’s so horrible, does anyone have any coping mechanisms please? 
    • Posted

I have the exact thing and trying to find answers, made me think STROKE and felt doomed almost like I needed to run to the ER.  More doctor visits tomorrow.  
  • Posted

Hi I’ve had this for 6 years and still have no answers or reasons and it still scares me like stroke symptoms I’ve had enough my doctors put everything down to anxiety I matter what my symptoms are 🙁

• Posted

Well today waiting in the waiting room to see dr the back of my head was hurting and the my left cheek on my face went numb and my gum and teeth. Not sure if it's a sinus issue or my anxiety acting up.

• Posted

I thought the pain, numbness and tingling were symptoms of anxiety. Dentist said I was grinding my teeth during sleep. After 6 weeks I thought p'haps not. Saw GP today, diagnosed tri neuralgia. Involves 3 facial nerves. Prescribed Carbamazepine. I already feel the benefit. Thought I was going a bit mad, I mean, it's not like a broken bone or a serious cut. Comforting to know that others are experiencing this although I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Elizabeth

• Posted

It’s called chronic hyperventilation syndrome. And it sucks. Causes tingling to your face and extremities, anxiety, shortness of breath or the feeling of not being able to take a deep breath, and a hole host of other unpleasant symptoms! Breathing into a paper bag helps to restore your carbon dioxide levels. Basically you are over-breathing or breathing too much.
    • Posted

Thank you Sarah. I will try this. I will try anything. I am at my wit's end. I thought the medication was working. I was awake 'til 5.00am.

Elizabeth

• Posted

I’ve had it all day for a few days now and it’s terrible. Sometimes the only thing that takes it away is an Ativan (anti-anxiety medication) or even a Benadryl, which causes drowsiness. Not the greatest side effect but it keeps me from tingling all over from over-breathing.
    • Posted

It seems that any problem I have the dr wants to blame it on anxiety attack. So then i try to go to a different doctor that one says the same thing. I have seen 3 different doctors each one wants to give me antidepressant medication, i told them there isn't no way i am putting that in my system. My father says it's like putting poison in your body. Well the doctors don't like hearing that. They don't care that I've tried 2 different antidepressants and got very severe side effects from it. They couldn't give me no answers. I have allergies so i have to take medicine for that then i have acid reflux and I'm on the birth control pill . And still they want me to take antidepressant for anxiety. That can't possibly be a good thing. I will never be able to function every day . I would be like a vegetable pretty much. I would end up in the ER and Thats scary. I personally do not trust medicine especially taking more than 3 medicines a day. My body is not tolerant of it. What do you think I'm asking for your opinion??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.