Hearing Heartbeat in Ear..

Posted , 15 users are following.

Good morning ladies, just wondering if anyone else hears their own heartbeat in their ear when laying on their pillow.. Also getting quick chest flutters with lots of twitching all over.. I did check my daily symptoms journal, and last month and month before had clogged ear and ringing in ear on this day, and hard fast heartbeat written down, but not the heartbeat sound in ear! When I look it up , it does talk about this being a form of tinnitus.. Which I know is listed on the 66 symptoms list, and since I suffer bad sinus off balance vertigo migraines I'm not surprised, but this all just sends health anxiety soaring!! Anyone else have this? And does it come and go for you, or is blood pressure raised, or vertigo or migraines worse ?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get the heartbeat sound all the time when lying down also I have constant high pitched ringing, it drives me crazy! Recently I have had a slight wind noise in my ear when bending down I'm beginning to think something is blocked in there. When will things start to improve its never ending x

• Posted

I can relate to this feeling, I can't believe what hormones can do to us. all other symptoms eased up a bit but this ear ringing is constant.

• Posted

It is never ending, really annoying, I was just saying you have some good days then bam, here we go again, which make the anxiety high, just wondering when will symptoms be bad again, constantly in the back of your mind.. I pray it all goes away and stays away, I did have quite a few good days, for a while there, now I'm paying for it , with the ear thing, and chest flutters/palpatations , thanks for your reply, it eases my anxiety ❤

• Posted

yes yes yes all the time.....same as the ladies said....part of the terrible effect of the change. CK

• Posted

i always have that. try relaxing your jaw. you may be clenching from stress

• Posted

How are you hun? I am STILL struggling with my ears and its driving me nuts. Been checked out by my doc as my anxiety was going through the roof and she has recommended an audiologists check. So off I go there tomorrow.

I had 24 hours of silence yesterday and I though - Yay ! its gone!! - .....but the generator/rumbling sound is back again today and now I feel rubbish. its so distracting and Ive had to stay home from work as I just cant concentrate. The migrane has gone though thanks goodness.

Grrr meno is really difficult to handle at times 😦 How are you coping today lovely?

Lou xx

• Posted

did your ear symptoms start with or after anxiety? I have roaring, buzzing constantly and sometimes pulsating tinnitus. it started right after the anxiety and panic attacks started. anxiety is pretty much gone but ear symptoms still here. let me know what you find out from the audiologist? curious if hormones the culprit or anxiety?

• Posted

hiya!

yep it started this week after pretty horrendous stress this year actually. i moved house recently and it took over 8 months of very very stressful paperwork and hassle etc. and we even ended up with nowhere to live (with 2 dogs to deal with) for a couple of weeks as our new house didnt complete in time. Work is very stressfull too and my mum is very ill.

I guess it just all caught up on me? The headache this week plus feel queasy and now this rumbling tinnitus finally reduced me to tears.

i just feel im worrying all the time about something or other and this doesnt help. ive taken a few days leave to rest so hope it helps.

ill certainly let you know what the audiologist says. My doctor said itll go of its own accord but may come back now and again if i get stressed again.

its probably a combo of anxiety and hormones. im not on hrt are you? i may ask to go on it though as loads of my friends are and they love it.

I hope you feel better soon and the ringing subsides. have you tried meditation or yoga at all?

lou xxx

• Posted

Hi Louise, thank you so much for checking on me! I'm absolutely awful yesterday and today, sure enough this was a migraine brewing for me, and I'm in bed still today as it hit me hard yesterday and on into the night... I kind of figured it was the migraine coming as the symptoms just all go together every month, which is the dizziness seeing wavy lines and floaters , the ringing in the ears, and the weak legs and face numbness clogged ears ,the crashing fatigue, and then the horrible migraine, which is where I'm at now.. But the good news is after 3 or so days of the migraine, I usually get some relief for a week or so before symptoms start all over again.. One of the other wonderful woman on here Lou your name too has the same symptoms as me almost exact if not exact , and she called it, I knew though too that it was coming, I could feel it, Got to love this perimenopause hugh? So how are you doing today? Hopefully much better:)

• Posted

Awww. You had to stay home from work? Well bless your heart for even going and trying.. I can only try and do some work from home on occasions and that's only if my daily horrible symptoms allow it, and it hasn't allowed it in quite some time now... One time the ringing in my ears and the hearing buzzing sounds amplyfied by 100x was so bad I'm pretty sure I stuck cotton in my ears to try and drown out the noise....

• Posted

Hi Gypsy! SO Sorry you feel lousy! I wanted to tell you I got a pair of those cheapo glasses that block out the blue lights on computers, etc. Well, they work great! I had to go to a meeting today at my sons school and the lights in the conference room are horrendous! ...got a raging migraine the last time because did not wear sunglasses or clip on sunglasses because I did not want to look like a dope...but these glasses look like regular readers and have just enough of a tint...so I was able to wear my contacts. Also, got through everything without feeling like fainting! Helped that my period finally came...Today...good day...check! Hugs to you and hopefully that migraine takes a hike soon!

• Posted

Fantastic! They sure do help Hugh? I have them glasses permanently glued to my face now ha ha, the lights really do set off the migraines...so glad to hear your having a good day,, mark it down in the daily journal.. For sure. Then you can check back and say ok no symptoms on that day:)

• Posted

omg i has the weak legs and wavy lines and feeling faint too! crumbs its awful isnt it??!!

i have been so frightened though so i really am grateful to know there are others feeling the same symptoms. thankyou so much for your kind words and support.

im sat here now feeling like i have an ear full of cotton wool and sat next to a rev-ving bus. im hoping itll clear with a good night sleep.

i hope you have a better few days and ill let u know what the audiologist says.

thanks so much big hugs lou xxx

• Posted

hiya! i went to the audiologist and all was normal with my inner ear.

The audiologist also suffers with tinnitus though and he'd had it for 15 years so he understood how frustrating it is. he believes mine is stress and hormone related but other than learning to ignore it and keep meditating etc its just pot luck if it goes or stays!

does your ringing/humming noise come and go? mine is a quiet rumble today so crossing fingers itll fade away and i wont feel so crappy.

i tried taking sea sick pills for the slight nausea i have but it made it ten times worse. I Wont do that again!!!

chat soon lou xxxx

• Posted

I try to do some yoga and meditation but honestly I feel so crappy I don't want to do anything. I am sorry you had to go through all those difficult days, I can imagine your stress and anxiety. I'm 39, none of my friends or family members who are similar age as me have any idea what perimenopause is or what it feels like to go through this craziness. so I'm very grateful to find support here on this forum. let's pray we all feel our normal selves again soon.

• Posted

i know what you mean hunni. im keeping up the yoga and meditation as best i can but the tinnitus is so hard to get ignore and i feel so crappy/nauseous.

i just want to feel normal again-grrrrr!!!

hope you have s good weekend luv lou xxx

• Posted

Hi Louise, glad your appointment went well...I remember having tinnitus during my hearing test last year...so frustrating. I know that pain meds can actually bring it on too...acetaminophen especially. If I take excedrin, my ears scream about an hour afterwards. I seem to get it a lot more since peri. I cannot take that anti nausea crap either...my dr gave me meclizine for vertigo...knocks me out and makes me feel weird...tossed those right in the bin!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.