Hearing voices

Posted , 12 users are following.

Diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, major depression and schizotypal disorder.

My husband and I are on holiday in Greece for a month, ten days left to go. It was supposed to be a rest after I tried to take my life in May. I didn't want to come. I didn't feel safe enough but everyone said it would do me good.

Things have got worse and I don't feel safe here. The last few days I can hear voices. One is kind and talks to me. The other one is bad. She screams at me constantly. She says I should burn and die. She won't stop screaming. I'm too frightened to tell my husband in case it makes her worse but I don't know what to do.

I don't know where I can get help here. We're in the middle of nowhere and I haven't even seen a pharmacy for days.

Please help. I don't know what to do.

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm very sorry your going through this I've been there and won it. It will take some time but you can do it. This is an explanation you won't find anywhere else.... Anyhow.....

You are ok. You are safe. Everyone you know is the same and you are all fine.

The voices are 'scathers'. They are spirits that simply scathe you. It is a challenge to your life. You'll either learn through it and come out a better wider minded person...... or you'll end up on meds (that can work if your lucky to get the right combo, if your not you'll continue to struggle). I personally don't know anyone on meds that is ok, I'm just guessing it happens or why would they do it?.

Important thing to remember ; don't listen to anything the voices say, they are always playing on you.

Playing with your emotions and your mind. Trying to build you up or break you down is a game to them. Meanwhile your physical body will learn these extreme high and low patterns of behavior and your body and mind will start to habituate the behavior. You don't want that. You must block them out and centre yourself. Breathe, turn your thoughts to peace. If you pray call on God.

You are safe. They cannot touch you, they can only make you believe you are not safe. You must not believe them.

To be honest you can't even believe your own thoughts at this time.

Your senses can be heightened sometimes with these psychic and spiritual attacks. Your brain can automatically piece together every fragment of information around you; every sound, every visual sense, every smell, every physical and nervous feeling you have. Now since your brain is vulnerable at the moment the connections it makes can easily get twisted and make you think the most irrational things are completely logical.

Try your best to be calm, never jump or react to these impulses instead try to communicate everything with your husband. Time will be of essence for you. Your sense of time is probably way off, going faster than the rest of us.

Actively relax, actively don't think, actively enjoy the sun, or your meal or your drink. Whatever your doing you must focus and actively enjoy those things. Scathers will try their best to deter you. But you can ignore them, you know how to block noisy kids out? Same thing here, block them out and concentrate. They will try to make you fight with them but don't get pulled into their game. Concentrate on your life in front of you, get stronger, enjoy life around you with the people who love you.

The voices will try to trick you too, make you believe people are saying things. You can always ask those around you "did you say something?" for confirmation but more than likely the voices replicate people around you. Don't doubt the people who have always been around you they are the same. You are not. You are being attacked but you can win.

The voices will get quieter over time. You will only hear them if you allow them your hearing, you can actually mentally shoot a word and they'll say it and get so angry that you were able to control them.

You don't have to believe what I'm saying. I'm only saying from experience. And I'm the only one I know who's actually come out of an attack. I'm perfectly fine. I'm a better person actually much wiser

HAVE FAITH that good always triumphs and you will be fine.

People need to understand these voices are 24/7 shouting at you, it's hard to sleep, you never get quiet, you never get stillness. I would bathe and blow bubbles underwater just to not hear them. Ohh you can't hear them if your full drunk 😂 only time you'll actually be able to fall asleep without someone shouting at you. No one can possibly understand how hard it is to get a hold of yourself when your constantly being shouted at. I hope you don't have it as bad as I did. Detoxing can help your body back into a better balance. All fresh fruit and veges, plenty of water, right amount of salts and good fats. Get in a healthy routine from morning and follow it everyday. Wake, wash, breakfast, walk, hobbies, family time, work. Whatever you do make sure your busy.... Busy busy busy. When your busy and active that's where your mind is instead of wasting it hearing them. Good luck. God bless.

• Posted

Ohh I should maybe have read more of of the comments etc before I replied. Sorry. Please don't self harm. They go quiet because they don't actually want that. They know you very well and I'm sure they generally think that pushing you can make u stronger. They aren't evil but they aren't good either. You can block them out like annoying little kids playing games on you. They're naughty. You can try wear Obsidian, sage cleanse Google smudging. Go stand in a river up to your ankles throw in a silver coin and ask God for healing. That really works.

• Posted

Hi Lucy my husband used to get angry and snappy with me. I made him come to the doctors with me. When we got back home I shared my feelings literally told him everything that I loved him so much and wouldn't be going anywhere. He certainly can see now when I'm not right and will just ask me what's bothering me so most of the time I just tell him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.