Heart attack

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am wanting to connect with anyone who has recently or maybe some time ago had a heart attack. Am 47 years old and had a heart attack last Friday. I had a blood clot removed from my artery and a stent fitted Friday night. I have been discharged from hospital came home Monday eve. I am so so scared it is going to happen again. I am on my own during the day. And today I feel like I have a pain in my back and my chest but feel it could be just as am worrying and anxious. I took my spray and it seemed to calm down.  Does anyone have any advice to how I can move forward. I feel upset all the time but mainly just so so scared. Thank you 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I received 2 stents in Nov 16 following heart attack, aged 56. Odd chest feelings I still have today and I’ve calmed down worrying as this can’t be serious now. However, I went through the nhs rehabilitation course - I can’t recommend this enough to you as it’s run by pros and you’ll feel so much more confident whenbon the course and after it ends. Go for it without delay. Also, cut out fatty foods and head for a Mediterranean diet. Best of luck. D
    • Posted

Thank you David. Good to hear you are all fixed. Yes I am very much looking forward to the rehab course. It’s mentally for me atm as well as physical. Can’t seem to get my head around the fact that I’ve had a heart attack. Am out of breath even when I talk. And have gone from being 100 miles an hour with my career etc to not knowing what to do with myself. Am slowed down completely. Am also really emotional. Angry sad scared to be alone during the day. 
  • Posted

Don’t worry. Make sure and get on nhs rehabilitation course. Head for a Mediterranean diet and plenty brisk walks - outside or in the gym treadmill. 
  • Posted

Bullet points Sharron

First year will be s**t

go to cardiac rehab

accept you are mortal

stop smoking

watch WHAT you eat

loose weight if you need to

if you think your meds are wrong say so

walk walk walk walk but not up steep hills

join heart watch exercise program after cardiac rehab

things will get easier after one year

always look how far you have come NOT how far you need to go

enjoy your family and your life

this is the begining not the end.

ask if you can reduce your meds. You will know by now which ones.

be positive you will start to feel better

be patient

don't start smoking again

don't drink to excess again

don't eat s**t anymore

LIVE TIL YOUR 100

• Posted

Thank you Rozy. 

Will/am doing all the points apart from the meds. It only happened on the 2nd Feb so don’t know yet. Best wishes 

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say after the first year ask if you can reduce your meds IF they are causing you concern. Unless you get adverse reactions it's best to take ALL your meds as prescribed by you consultant. BUT not all meds are fine for everyone, 

• Posted

Did they say what caused the blood cloth that triggered the heart attack? I.E clotting disorder, lupus, blockage?
  • Posted

Oh dear,,what are you worrying about ???You have been sorted,and will now be as good as new,, in fact even better. Why are you using the spray.?? Time you put on your coat and went for a walk.Your pains are all in your head ,,it's called anxiety. So, stop i, you are fine...

• Posted

We don;t know why she is breathless as she didn't reply to that question. Is it since the procedure or was she ignoring it prior to the heart attack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.