heart attack symptoms for 2 weeks!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm a young female thats been having heart attack symptoms for around 2 weeks. When I first went to the doctor he thought it was a pinched nerve and has sent me to a physio therapist. However after 6-7 treatments it's not getting better. I feel like I have a nut stuck in my sternum more or less constantly. Some time the area around the left side me chest feels very uncomfortable. Like a tight feeling. I have moments where I feel very sweaty. Just from Sitting. Yesterday I felt out of breath and lightheaded just from brushing my hair ( although my hair is super long and thick and pretty hard work). I have been suffering from back pain which I first assumed was from work.. but I have been of work for a few days and still Have pain. Two days ago I suffered my first ever panick attack.( although I can't really say I felt panicked). sometimes I feel tingling in my left shoulder, arm and fingers. Last night I felt sick to my stomach but didn't through up. I smoke alot for about 10 years and haven't really been involved in much physical activity for the past 6-7 months. My doctorsaid my heart and blood pressure are normal. I'm due for a CT scan tomorrow. Do you think I should be worried? I just have a really bad feeling that something is not Right!! Any comments appreciated.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Samantha,

I think I know what you are going through.  When I was in college - ages ago - we learned that sex is a primary need to be satisfied like hunger, thirst, need to sleep and so on. I believe that to be true. However, since you a re girl, you probably should take precaution against getting pregnant. So you take contraceptive pills. In my opinion you should wear an IUD - Intra Uterine Device. When you have done that there should not be any reason for you to worry about anything. Then you would not need any valid reson for you to continue smoking. You should then stop smoking altogether.

• Posted

Dear Samantha, Whatever your age don't forget that pain means your body is trying to tell you something is not right. If your CT scan comes up with nothing and you keep getting pains then persist with your GP, ask questions such as 'what else might it be due to?' Stick at it as the medics sometims jump to conclusions too soon just to get on to the next 'job'. Let us know how you get along. (I had angiogram one year after first pains started and 'just in time' as it saved my life.)
    • Posted

Hi. CT scan operator said I should go see my doctor tomorrow. So at least I'll have results quickly. (Although I'm not so sure that's a good thing. I read it usually takes a few days to be assessed). Anyway, fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

Thanks for your support guys!

• Posted

Actually got my CT results this evening and came back fine. Went to the physiotherapist tonight and knowing everything was fine She was a bit more rough than normal. She thinks it's a problem with my rib. Actually kind of makes sense, I guess I just got to wait and see.
  • Posted

Dear Samantha

Pleased to learn of the results. but if you are worried or pains continue don't hesitate to go back to your GP. That is what the GP is there for.

• Posted

Are you being treated privately or under the NHS as it sounds like they've rolled out the red carpet?, I present with vascular & circulatory symptoms over a several month period stuck in a cycle of low cost options clinically assessing and clinically dismissing subjected to prejudice and discriminative attidudes catagorizing me up as a hypercondiac.. overlooking my dietary & lifestyle habits in favor of age and family history to support their low risk assessments.. at best I'm provided with an ECG using a normal reading to further mainupulate and deceive me with false assurances.. It's good to see you're being taken seriously and promptly provided with medical assessment keep us updated and it may prove benificial to obtain a copy of your medical record (CT Scan) to give to your physiotherapist to aid with recovery
    • Posted

Well I'm living in belgium, so not NHS but still publicly funded health services. Yesterday I figured thing were clearing up as I had minimal back pain and no sign of chest pains. Then Bam... in the evening I started get a really sore through.. similar to that when your getting a chest infection. When I cough it hurts the whole of my upper body. This morning I have aches all over, ribs, hips, shoulder, neck, heart rate was 157bpm. (But that could be due to a number of things) don't seem to have a fever. There are moments when my knuckles feel very stiff. . .... and I have to return to work tomorrow
  • Posted

I  am sorry but I have to ask you a question that might make you uncomfortable: what are YOU doing for yourself? Are you still smoking. If you are what makes you feel that you must smoke?

It is time for you to do some INTROSPECTION!!!

and you have to be sincere to yourself!

• Posted

ok so, chest infection decided it didn't want to come and flu took his place. throughout Sunday I could feel a fever coming on.. hot and cold chills, body pain etc. Kept getting worse until I felt I could hardly move or speak and a temp of by Wednesday. Had an appointment with the doctor wednesday evening, in which he told me my ct scan and blood results where fine and with a temp of 39.2 I indeed have the flu.. He gave me a few medications to take the pain away, but of course said the fever had to do it job. Anyway got home and took my first lot of drugs. Within an hour or two I felt absolutely fine. No fever. No body aches. Minimum coughing. Just a little week.. Which for me seems a little strange. But hey its gone right.. anyway, yesterday morning I received my results through the post. Blood results and overview of CT scan. Blood results seem normal.. not that I even understand half of it. But on my ct scan it says there are 3 small lung nodules. One of 5mm, one of 7mm that seems fatty. And another 9mm, all seem benign and banal. Ok this is good new right.. they all look benign.. but why didn't my doctor discuss this with me..? He's left me very frustrated and angry..
    • Posted

Hi samantha, hope u doing fine

I am 28 years old female. Mostly we girls have harmonal problems which is very common also vitamin deficiencies.

I would suggest you to consult an endocrinilogist who will further guide u.

I myself faced same what u r going through and I am a non smoker. Never even hold a cgrtte for a sec. Anyhow, reason of all these symptoms in my case was excess harmones produced by my pituitary gland located at the vase of our brain and vitamin D deficiency, mine was almost zero. All these were causing pin and needle sensation with numbness in legs arms, mild pain all over and Chest pain uncomfortable feeling. Also heavy menstrual bleeding last for 15 days. I dont know wther ur periods r normal or not. Still irrespective if that consult an endocrinologist too.

And ofcourse smoking is like planning to suicide. So try to adopt or join an authorized way/plan for quiting that slowly with a formal plan.

Best wishes

Reema

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.