Heart beating fast

Posted , 11 users are following.

hello

has anyone suffered with a fast heartbeat that you can actually feels IT beating on your neck or through your clothes (if that makes sense)......I have done my heartbeat and it was 103 and just managed to get it down to 89 

L x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not fast but very pronounced. I cannot sleep on my back now because I feel it so uncomfortable. Horrible feeling...isn't it?
    • Posted

Yes it's a horrible feeling felt like it was gonna burst through my top 
  • Posted

It's a very scary feeling, isn't it? 

I have had this happen during an anxiety attack which is pretty common during peri and menopause. Have you been check out by doctor recently? To put your mind at ease, probably would be good idea to do so and rule out anything else. Most likely it's anxiety.........which as disturbing as these things feel, they won't harm you but please,  get cleared first.  

Hope you feel better quick!

Annie xx

• Posted

Hi annie

i am getting checked out by cardiology on the 13th April just to put my mind at rest I have had palpitations before but tonight was the first time I've really noticed the heart beating fast.

L xx

• Posted

Absolutely!!! I was having fast heartbeat, heart palpitations, and a feeling of my heart beating in my neck! Went to cardiologist, wore a holter monitor, got an echo-cardiogram- perfectly healthy heart. Both anxiety and perimenopause can cause this- it's awful!!!!
    • Posted

Thanks Amy

i am getting checked out but didn't realise peri /menopause can cause this too!  

What a nightmare to go throught this 😞

x

• Posted

I must be weird because I've always been able to feel my heart through my skin.   I can take my pulse by just feeling it beating through my skin.  I don't even need to press on my wrist or neck 😄
    • Posted

sometimes I can feel my heartbeat through my skin but not often but tonight it was fast and pounding and that's the first time I've really noticed it

L x

• Posted

Hi Lesley yes I'm like Bubbins I can literally hear my heart beat all day everyday. I can feel it beating in my head and neck and watch it in my stomach.....I once asked a friend if they heard or felt their heartbeat and they said no not at all....I thought I was odd. It's like a reassurance, bizarre...but it's just me :-)
    • Posted

I've always had it and always thought it was normal.  It's only when friends said they couldn't do that, that I realised I was different!  But I don't mind it at all 😊x
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, Fast heart beat is scarest of all to me. I've been having this for years on and off. Since I've joined this disscussion I,m not much panicked as before, when I feel my heart and chest pain I would just observe the feeling and taking deep longer breaths which help... Take care!
  • Posted

Hi Lesley

Yes I have suffered from a fast heart rate its due to having anxieties. We need to learn relaxation and yoga to help calm our bodies. My heart rate has gone up to 120 because of my anxieties and it is scary

• Posted

Hi Leslie:

I had a situation where I could feel my heart sort of flutter and a few other times felt as it skipped a beat.  I could live with all the symtoms of this rediculous side tour in life except the all over body pain.  I went back to the HRT.  No more heart flutters or other symptoms.  Today I actually caught up on my laundry and grocery shopping, took a walk around the block a few times and expect to sleep tonight.

Hope you realize that the heart thing is common, have no idea why.

kathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.