Heart Palpitation Wild experianced!!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Good morning ladies, just wanting to know if any of you experiance palpitations mainly at night or when you are in bed??? I very rarely feel them during the day, had a scare and i am extremely worried, have to go to the cardiologist, was exercising and got chest pain and shortness of breath.... very scary!!! Just wondering if the palpitations are possibly related..im just not sure how many of us get these and how sever they are, and would love feed back..SENDING MY HEART OUT TO YOU❤️

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Beverly, Yes, I am 41 and went through extensive testing last year(dad died young of heart attack)My night palps and chest pains were GERD. Once I controlled that, they calmed down. A cardiologist (last name Gupta, York cardiology) has a bunch of info on heart palps on you tube. Always bring heart stuff up with your dr to be sure!

• Posted

Will try to bring that up lou❤️❤️❤️

• Posted

My first foray into this perimenopause craziness was with heart palpitations. I was travelling for work, alone in a hotel room, when I was woken up in the wee hours of the morning with my heart skipping beats. I was terrified, esp since I have high blood pressure! Luckily, I have an amazing doctor who I got in touch with as soon as her office opened. At first, we thought it was due to some inhalers I was using for my seasonal allergies, but even cutting back on those didn't help. I was in a training class for a week, so basically sitting at a computer all day, every day, and could feel the palpitations during the day, but they were worse at night. When I got home and they didn't get any better, my doctor sent me for an electrocaridogram, since the skipped beats were being picked up by EKG. Nothing wrong with my heart, so I ended up taking Ativan (lorazepam) as needed to keep the anxiety the palpitations were causing me at bay and to help me sleep. Eventually (a month or 2, maybe? hard to remember now) they dissipated and I only get them rarely now. Typically a day or so before I get my period and typically in the middle of the night. They are still uncomfortable but I don't freak out that I'm going to have a heart attack anymore, since I know my heart is structurally sound.

• Posted

You know what, I wish they would just talk about them alittle more, THEY DONT WANT TO BECAUSE IT IS THE HEART!!! but i think it would just help all of us alittle more with all the crazy and being affraid out of your mind, I CAN DEAL WITH ALL THE OTHER, BUT GIVE US SOME KNOWLEDGE TO GO ON❤️❤️GOING TO THE CARD, 0N MONDAY THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Posted

hi Bev yes this has jjst recently started for me along with high blood pressure and elevated heart rate. im 46 amd still get a regular period amd this is all making my anxiety worse so my cardiologist started me on a blood pressure pill that is a beta blocker to keep my heart rate down. 2 days on the pill and it seems to be working great. good luck to you, hope everything works out well

• Posted

I know this post is late, My blood pressure has also went up to the normal at 120/80 TO THE HIGH 150's even as high as 180'S I FINALLY GOT IT DOWN ON MY OWN ALITTLE, With Bio identical hormones through my natural path, I was original dead set against, But didnt want to have a heart attack,, Thank u for this good information because i have to wear a monitor on wednesday for two days, AND I AM WORRIED.... I also have hashimotos thyroid and doc put me on a new med and i swear it is to much and she tells me it is perfect, WHICH CAN ALSO CAUSE ALL THIS, So it is a big mess, was on nature thyroid for years, SHE SAID THIS WOULD BE BETTER, ok really she probably makes money on the prescription, all with the cost of me, if you are still around i had an ekg and it was slightly abnormal, did u have one???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.