Heart Palpitations

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been having severe heart palpitations daily especially since I heard about my sister passing. I was already having them but nothing like this. They are all day long with a discomfort in chest like something is in my chest. Any movement or stillness will bring it on. Its constantly. The back has been hurting also , the lower bottom feels like pressure but radiates to middle and top but feels more like movement under the skin like gas.

The heart palpitations are really bothering me. They seem to increase more when i use the progesterone cream.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Mary so sorry to hear about your sister.I think this is similar to what I have been feeling and it's most unpleasant. It has alot to do with anxiety and stress I think.I get horrible fluttery feeling in my chest and the pain I feel in my back around the rib area is terrible it's goes on for a couple of days at a time nothing much shifts it but I think it's definitely trapped wind which is causing it.I do get anxiety about things and eat far to much as that is my comfort but it doesn't help .Please know you are not alonexecuted with these symptoms .

• Posted

I am sorry about your sister.  I get palpitations also especially when stressed.  I am having them right now but I just used the progesterone cream to calm them.  So, progesterone cream has the opposite effect on me!

I would recommend going to the doctor for a check up on your heart.  It is probably just stress but you are experiencing intense symptoms that could indicate something more serious.  The doctor can make sure your heart is function ok, and blood pressure ok... 

• Posted

I went to cardiologist on last week and he did a EKG and it was fine. I have a stress test and Echo test scheduled this week. He did give me beta blockers to take, I took it one time but scared to take again because it took my blood pressure down too low. I think i will also have my iron and thyroid check...

• Posted

Then it must be all the anxiety. I wouldn't take beta blockers either, I don't blame you. I have so many meds that were prescribed that I never took. I think worrying about the palpitations just makes it worse. 

• Posted

Hi Mary!

I'm so sorry about your sister, sending prayers of strength your way.

I'm on a beta blocker, have been for years because of 2 leaky heart valves plus high blood pressure, my heart rate stays about 50 bpm which in turn lowers my blood pressure. I have A-fib (irregular heartbeat). They had to play with my dosage to get it right, it stinks but it is what it is, I need it. That being said, since staring meno, I get more palpitations than I've ever had and it's awful! Knowing I have something that regulates all that and then boom! Out of the blue my heart is skipping beats, pounding so hard I think it's trying to escape, major dizzy spells and an overwhelming feeling of dread. I just started on Estrace Cream for atrophy and dryness, well that has been increasing my anxiety 10 fold, so I have to pop a nerve pill.. I'm very glad you're going for a stress test and an echo to rule anything out. I'm betting though, it's stress induced by meno and of course the sadness of losing a loved one.. I hope you can get some answers and help asap! It's miserable living like this.

• Posted

Maybe go and get an EKG to make sure your heart is OK, but it's probably most likely anxiety from everything you are going through. 

• Posted

I did a EKG on last week and it was fine. He wants me to.do a stress and Echo test this week. I cant believe that anxiety will cause all of this!

He gave me beta blockers to take and I've only taken it one time ; Im scared to take it again because it took my blood pressure down too low.

• Posted

Hi sweetie sorry to hear of your loss bless her and you, i was also having bad palpitations untill i saw a program on tv about heart hospitals  and magnesium  and a friend of mine said she takes 2 for heart palps every day , well i went online and got some best move i have made in years . when they came i took 2 one hr before bed ,i slept well and have had no palps since starting them. mary if you havent tried them give it a go good luck all the best x 
    • Posted

i was taking them but i ran out. I will run out to get more. What kind are you taking? thank you!
    • Posted

Could you let me know what tablets they were and where from thanku
    • Posted

Hi nanette the magnesium i take is magasorb from natures best online hope they work for you ,i take 2 at night because i found if i take in the morning i get sleepy  you will find what suits you good luck x
  • Posted

Hi Mary I'm in perimenopause and have had every symptom in the book incl palpitations I also thought there was something wrong with my heart because another symptom is health anxiety everything is always worse but the palpitations were awful and unsettling it is a very hard journey for sure everyday there is something different to deal with nightmare sending hugs 🤗X

• Posted

Hi Nanette ..just how long did you have to deal with the palpitations? Oh yes i have anxiety too along with stomach issues.
    • Posted

Hi Mary they are ongoing get them most days along with other things like aches and pains headaches nausea the list is endless get really tired as I'm keeping down a job and family to look asfter aswell the palpitations come and go can be morning or night really scary x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.