Heart Palpitations

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been having severe heart palpitations daily especially since I heard about my sister passing. I was already having them but nothing like this. They are all day long with a discomfort in chest like something is in my chest. Any movement or stillness will bring it on. Its constantly. The back has been hurting also , the lower bottom feels like pressure but radiates to middle and top but feels more like movement under the skin like gas.

The heart palpitations are really bothering me. They seem to increase more when i use the progesterone cream.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

First of all i am sorry about your sister passing. Please see a cardiologist first but for now you must start meditating 3 times a day and specially when you feel increased heatbeat. Deep breaths can do wonders
    • Posted

Thank you! Ive seen a cardiologist on last week. He did a EKG snd it was fine. He scheduled a stress and Echo test this week. I will try the meditation and deep breathing.
    • Posted

Hi Mary, I,m sorry to hear about your sister, as dealing with every day situations can be difficult enough to deal with, far less losing someone close to you. 

Regarding the palpitations.....you said you were prescribed beta blockers but you didn't say what strength they are? You can get lower dose levels which could help you. The problem with beta blockers is that they relax the oesophagus muscle at the top of your stomach,  which can let the normal acids from your stomach leak in to your gullet, causing heartburn or Gerd.  You then have to take antacids to counteract  this and the antacids prevent your body from absorbing vital vitamins which can help alleviate some of the menopausal symptoms.

Based on my own trial and error over many months, and knowing that the palpitations and the back pain are caused by a build up of andrenalin  in your system, you then have to deal with the andrenalin. You said that you have used magnesium in the past, and I would agree that you should try taking it again. I personally could not swallow tablets as I panicked about swallowing  them, so I use magnesium cell salts as they melt under your tongue. Mag Phos is what you could try. There is also another cell salt called Kali Phos which is for nerves and also helps calm you. If you have milk of magnesium in the house, you could take that until you can replenish  your supply. Vitamin B 12 complex can also help with menopause symptoms.  Or if you can tolerate it at the moment use Bachs Rescue Remedy, although aha in that can cause heartburn etc. There is a night time Magnesium oil that cured my insomnia, as every time I tried to sleep I got either a feeling like a puch in my chest, or I had the internal tremors /palpitations. This is all very long winded, but I tried many solutions, would not take the many medications prescribed by the doctor, and preferred to go down the more natural route apart from taking hrt. I hope this info is of some help to you,  and that you can see that you are not Enroute to a heart attack or any of the other imagined ailments we all think we have, and is actually a hormone imbalance. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.