Heart Palpitations/Chest Pain - NEED HELP ASAP!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, so a few months back at the start of the year, I had two panic attacks for the first time, I thought it was a heart attack twice so I went to the hospital and I did a chest x-ray and everything was fine but ever since then the chest pain and palpitations tell me otherwise, I have health anxiety and fear for my health, I get a weird feeling where when I get up my heart beats at rest rate then after a few seconds starts to beat fast and I feel like something that starts from the top of my head comes down to my stomach and goes away, I also get skipped beats and hard hittings in my chest, I'm currently doing 30 minutes of treadmill a day and I have tried to manage my palpitations by not being conscious of my heart rate which doesn't create palpitations for me, but I need help, some reassurance from you guys if you can please help me!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

These palpitations scare me into thinking somethings really wrong with me physically and its scaring me especially that weird feeling I had talked about. Its creating me health anxiety!
  • Posted

Anxiety can make that happen...try not to focus so much on it
    • Posted

Thanks so much for the reassurance any tips that I could do to get rid of them or to stop thinking of them?
  • Posted

Hi what you're describing is definatley anxiety & panic attacks..as soon as u feel your heart flutter slightly u immediately think something's wrong which will make it beat harder & faster so u panic more thinking something's wrong, it's a vicious circle. I know how hard it is I've fought panic disorder for years & find focusing on your breathing helps..u may not even be conscious that your breathing faster but this can bring your heart rate up. If your open to medication I take propranolol which blocks the adrenaline so you don't get palpitations..literally blocks the panic attack. It's also taken for high blood pressure so may not be suitable for everyone

• Posted

Thanks so much Samantha I feel much better after reading your reply, I’m only 16 and doctor didn’t recommend that I take medication so it doesn’t ruin my body
  • Posted

The weird feeling I talk about scares me a lot and I really need help on what I can do to stop them please 
    • Posted

It is terrifying, there's no quick fix way to stop it it is literally mind over matter. Maybe if your doctor is reluctant for medication cognitive behaviour therapy may help? Panic attacks thrive on fear without fear there's no panic. This therapy helps you learn how to change your thought processes. When you first feel the fluttering in your chest, do breathing exercises & keep telling yourself it's nothing to be frightened of its not going to kill you, it's just a little blip..try & calm yourself before it starts. I know it's easier said than done..it's definatley about positive thinking, the more scared & negative u are the more the worse the anxiety. It is possible to come through it though I promise.

• Posted

It’s not a flutter it’s when I get up my heart rate is beating slow and I feel thumping in my brain and something like hot flushes from inside me coming down from my brain to my stomach it’s scaring me so much and creating me fear I don’t know what to do maybe it’s an arrhythmia do you think?
    • Posted

It's anxiety hun, there's so many symptoms it can have on the body. But because it frightens you it makes you more anxious which makes the symptoms worse which in turn makes u panic more, it's just a vicious circle. When you first get the feeling starting try & talk yourself down, tell yourself it's just anxiety it will pass & can't hurt you.

• Posted

Ok I will try to do that every time it happens, it really scares me so much because I think somethings wrong with me and the slow heart rate and thumping in my chest, as you said it’s all a vicious cycle, I will try your method and try to talk myself out of it thanks so much for your time you don’t understand how happy I feel it makes me forget my anxiety knowing someone else is feeling what I’m going through
    • Posted

I've lived with it for years & have only just found this forum it's helped me so much! It's unbelievable how many people are dealing with it on a daily basis, just shows u never know what someone else is going through! It just takes time that's the frustrating thing, we're so used to having quick fixes for everything. I think because we feel the symptoms physically we automatically presume something wrong in our body when actually it's psychological & something we need to deal with in our heads! You will get there, I'm having a bad relapse at the minute & everything's a struggle but find it helps to talk to my family & not bottle it up as that makes my anxiety worse.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reassurance it helps a lot and this forum and talking to people has also helped me out a lot thanks so much
  • Posted

Anyone else that can help? Today I woke up feeling anxious and throughout the day I keep getting convinced that somethings wrong with me physically and its started to annoy me and scare me and the same time, I just want to live normally.
  • Posted

zaher25241, listen to samantha 1710. She is right. Let me tell you a bit about "skipped" beats and palpitations. YES, they happen in people with structurally normal hearts like yours. Unlike me who had 2 heart attacks and wear a defibrillator and pacemaker, these so called "skipped" beats are actually "extra beats". It just feels like you are missing a beat. When part of my heart muscle died, my body created new electrical pathways to make up for the dead tissue. These signals interfere with my normal beat and have the same consequence except mine are permanent unless I get ablation. and YES they do get worse when I'm stressed out (which is most of the time) I have an anxiety disorder) and the palpitations and "skipped" beats are non stop. 24/7. Now imagine that. Awful isn't it?. But you have a normal heart. Once your stress is taken care off they will disappear. Even mine do disappear sometimes when I'm calmed. (such as when I'm sleeping) Worrying makes it worse. Like smantha said. A vicious little circle. I've had them for almost 5 years. And I like you, I hate them. You can take care fo them by relaxing. Unlike mine, they are here to stay.... Stop worrying. They are not dangerous. Best wishes.

• Posted

Thanks so much Brent, I’m very sorry for your situation hope all the best for you, yea mine do go after a couple of seconds but I constantly think about it so they keep coming back often aswell which is annoying me and makes me think that something is wrong with me which scares me and creates more anxiety for me and as I said I keep googling heart conditions like atrial fibrillation and I think that I have the condition which makes my anxiety worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.