Heart Palpitations Do They Ever End??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Do these crazy heart palpitations ever end? Do they go away after perimenopause is over? I have had numerous EKG's and all looks fine but I don't feel fine. The last couple of days my heart palpatations have been bugging me. When I get anxious and panicked ( which is most of the time 😜) it triggers them. They come and go quickly but they set off my anxiety and panic so much. Some months I have none but this month is different. I'm dealing with an ovarian cyst on my left ovary, I wonder if that's contributing to it. Indigestion and stomach upset triggers them too. I see my GP on Friday I'm going to probably beg for another EKG in her office. I'm so pathetic 😢Anyway Ladies hope you are all fairing better today.

❤️Debbie

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Debbie!  heart palpitations do go away, but like all other menopause symptoms, they do come back ( unfortunately ).  They scare me to death too.  I flew to the hospital for an EKG and all was fine even though I thought I was going to die.  Heart palpitations stem from the wild days of our ancestors letting us know how strong this cellular change is occuring on our bodies.  Like anything else, one thing we can be sure of in life is "change" and change will continue to happen, they will go away.  I promise.
    • Posted

Joanne,

Thank You so much for your encouraging words it helps so much. Your humor had totally brightened my day. I've been reading the posts on another discussion and you have brought a genuine laugh and smile to my heart. I can relate to your comment about being stuck in a car before your appraisal crying and saying you can't move. (My Husband and I are both in Real Estate) They other day we were in a grocery store together and I walked to an idle to look at something and I suddenly became dizzy. I stood there trying not to look like a lunatic as I held on to a shelf and did some deep breaths. My husband came over to me and asked what was wrong. I had tears in my eyes and told him I couldn't move. He grabbed my hand and we walked out into the fresh air and then I started laughing because I was better. I feel like a lunatic. I can also TOTALLY relate to what you said about making appointments then getting anxiety once you confirm them. That happened to me today. I had to reschedule my dentist appointment for tomorrow because this morning my panic about going made me late for the appointment 😜. Well they fit me in for tomorrow morning. That's when my heart palpitations started again. Ugh!!!! I love your comment about surprising your daughter in New York after this is all over, I told my daughter the same thing, I told her that we need to take an amazing vacation when this is over. She agrees 100%. For now I can't even keep a dentist or doctors appointment within having a major meltdown. I have switched from my male GP to a female GP. My male GP would leave the room when I would cry and have panic attacks in his office, He also said I needed to see a psychiatrist. I switched doctors right after that. Thanks for listening and making my day a little brighter

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Debbie, I loved this!! Can't believe you and your husband are Realtors!! How cool is that. I DID the same thing with my Dentist. Been going since I was six years old by myself now I'm going to pull all my teeth out myself because I keep canceling. And I used to love going to the Dentist.

My had an Awards Breakfast last Wednesday where I was awarded Top Producer for volume and transactions and guess what? I stayed home and cried and lied that I had food poisoning. I need to buy a sweater set with a satellite tv and waive from my bed next year if I'm so lucky.

Food shopping?!?!!? A joke! I feed like I walk like a drunk swaying down the aisles....

On a serious note: I listened to a lecture the other day about menopause and she compared it totally to the caterpillar melting down to green slimy glob ( hot flashes ) crawling and fighting it's way into making a cocoon. When a woman came by and saw the butterfly struggling to get out, she ripped open the cocoon to help her. Well...you can guess what happened? The butterfly died. We have to come out when we're ready so we can fly.

The lecturer also explained why we're the "chosen ones" and some women don't even get any symptoms. We're intelligent, loving, spiritual, and caring women. Why we have to suffer, who knows? I don't get that!! But we're less likely to have cancer and live to be 99!! She was 73 y/o, had a debilitating menopause and at 73 teaches and lectures all over the world. She's never been hospitalized or sick.

After the lecture - I prayed to God to make this go away. She better listen soon. 🤓

• Posted

Hi Joanne I really liked reading that last paragraph about this lecturer. Hoping I would find her on youtube I went searching for similar video's. What I can't believe was seeing male doctors trying to lecture women on menopause when they don't have a clue what it feels like. Anyhow is she on youtube?
    • Posted

Your response is the inspiration I need today as I fight so many of the awful symtoms that woman describe on this site. By far, the most discouraging is my inability to go places and to exercise the way I used to. Just going to the grocery store can be a frightening experience--dizziness and anxiety etc...I am a pediatric occupational therapist and work with children and some days I know I am not at my best and wonder if I can do it. Your description of the caterpillar will stay with me. Thank you!!! and congraduations on your award!! I am going to contact you on facebook.

• Posted

Hi Carmen!  I'm right there with you, I can ditto and mirror your comments to a "T".  Here's to better days for the both of us and ALL wonderful women trying to "get thru".  smile

• Posted

Joanne I read your comment last night when I got home from being at Urgent Care. Oh boy it was the exact moment I needed to read it. I had a rough day yesterday with my panic and anxiety building up to today's dentist appointment (which of course I cancelled to next week. I need to get two fillings fixed and get a new night mouth guard) Anyway I made the mistake of take my blood pressure in the middle of a major walking around the house crying panic attack. My top number was not too bad but bottom number was crazy. I have white coat syndrome at doctors office with blood pressure but at home it's perfect. So I don't take any BP meds. That crazy bottom number came down within 2 minutes but it set off a huge can't catch my breath panic attack. So I drove to the Urgent Care. The Doctor was so nice and he spent a ton of time talking to me. He said to only take BP morning, Noon and night, and never ever when I am up and about pacing and crying, He said it was a situational high bottom reading because of my panic and not breathing correctly. It was so refreshing to have a caring Doctor for once. Anyway I came home and there was your PERFECT post 😊😊. Congratulations on your award for top producer. That is wonderful. I loved your honesty on this forum about staying home crying and telling them you had food poisoning 😊. That is so so me. I also have that drunk walk thing going on as well. Going anywhere is s total nightmare. That butterfly catapillar story was absolutely perfect and inspiring. So was the 73 year old lectures story. It helped me more than you know. I loved how you said we will fly in our own time. I will not come out of my cocoon until I am ready and I need to stop comparing myself to other women my age who are not going through the same thing. All I can do is accept me and live the way I need to for now. I need to make myself feel accepted and comfortable during this time. Thank you so very much for your support, kind words, and your wonderful humor and honesty about what you are going through too, Hope You have a wonderful day Joanne. I'm am off to phone the dentist and reschedule my appointment. I think this time I will tell them it's just too much for me today after being at urgent care with panic attack last night 😊😊❤️❤️

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Oh brother phoning the dentist didn't go to well. They kind of got irritated(which I completely understand) and said "lets not keep rescheduling because you keep canceling. Just call back when you are ready to keep appointment" oh boy I started crying and telling them way too much information about perimenopause, panic attacks and this is not me. Oh brother i am officially crazy 😜😜. Anyway I don't usually take meds but the doctor last night gave me some low dose Xanax, Think I will get prescription filled and take one before I go on the 3rd of February. I really need to get these darn fillings fixed before it gets worse.

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Hey Debbie!  I SOOOOOO feel for you because I am absolutely going thru the same thing.  It's so hard to do the simplest things in life that I never ever gave a thought about in the past.  I used to love to walk and run outdoors for exercise and now I find myself looking out the window and so jealous of people walking down the street.  Can you believe it!!!  All I want is the simple things back in my life.  It took all of my being today to run into a very small farmers market to buy flowers for a client who just had a baby.  AND she had no idea while I was in her living room that I felt like I was going to have a heart attack and fall on my face.  Your doctor is dead on about the BP.  I've had such high numbers on the systolic ( bottom number ) almost thru the roof!  Menopause is known to cause a rise in BP and almost every women has it.  Don't try to not to freak yourself out over that.  

I guess we'll find out the life lesson when we get thru menopause and on to the next faze which can't come soon enough.  I'm guessing it's to slow down and really smell the flowers because at this point wishing to be thinner, richer, winning the lottery, going to parties is OFF my radar, it's just going back to the simple things in life like friggin' buying flowers!!!!   And there's nothing wrong with a girl telling little white lies, they get me by.  smile

Thinking of you more then you know!!!

• Posted

You GO GIRL!  Low dose xanax does work!!  I adore your doctor for prescribing them to you, you will sleep like a baby.  Even though they are low dose, break them in 1/2 and try that first.  I too have resorted to them on occasion.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie, I went through the same with my dentist last year. Happy you mentioned you're getting work done, it reminds me that I also need to make an appointment. As for the xanax, only take it if absolutely necessary. One side effect of this type of drug is that in some people it causes memory issues. I'm talking from experience in that my memory was cognitively impaired, and it made me feel like a zombie tuned out of life.  My doctor thinks it was the benzodiazepine drug, xanax, ativan etc, class of drugs given to reduce anxiety, back when I was suffering with a skin problem. I use to have a really good memory, it's just now finally coming back. It's taken a good 7 years for it to come back. Hopefully, you'll only take it when you're too stressed and if you feel tuned out of life from it, stop taking it.  Pat
    • Posted

Joanne, I have no idea how to send a private message, I don't have the feature in my messages box. I see many of your posts were deleted, if you can private message me that would be great. I looked you up on fb, are you the blonde lady or the young real estate agent? Both are in PA.
    • Posted

Good Morning Joanne,

I died when I read your post. You don't know how many times I have looked out my windows of my home or in the car watching people walk on the sidewalk, park or dirt trail, with envy in my heart. Saying " can't believe how lucky they are just exercising all alone normally " That use to be my absolute favorite thing in the world. I would put on my ear phones listen to music and walk for 3 to 4 miles a day at my park. Loved it. Loved people watching too while I did it. Now I either have to walk with someone in case I lose my balance and do the drunk walk, or go to gym and walk on treadmill so I can hold on or on other days I just walk around my backyard or inside my home. Not the same at all. I hope you are having a wonderful day today Joanne. Loved the story about getting the flowers for your client who had a baby. Whenever I go anywhere I get super sweaty now out of panic. Super fun 😊😊😊

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Hi Pat,

You are so very sweet. I'm not a pill person at all. Taking anything new gives me anxiety too. I am so weird😜. So I will probably only take 1/2 Xanax before I go to the dentist. I really need to fix these fillings before they turn into something worse. I will get ST Johns wort too. I have also heard doctor oz talk about Passion flower, I will get both of those. So so sorry to hear about what happened to your memory. Hopefully it will continue to heal and everything will return to normal for you. Thanks for helping others through your experience. Have a wonderful day 😊😊

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Awww, thank you Debbie. That's very kind of you to say. It merits to say that since you see other's as being sweet, that this a reflection of you. Have a lovely weekend smile

<3 pat>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.