heart surgery 3 mths ago...... lower nerve back pain since then.. now housebound

Posted , 2 users are following.

DONT KNOW WHERE TO PLACE THIS>>> APOLOGIES 

had triple Bi-Pass in mid-Feb 2018  and since then have problems with lower pain that kicks in after 10 mins making it impossible to stand or walk - literally paralyzes me till I can sit or at best lay down for at least 30 mins.   This pain stays in my back and does not travel ....No one seems to have any idea what has caused it. but happens every time I get up to move... so depressing... I can only take paracetamol but have been given a low dose of Diazepam which only takes the edge off.

please please has or can anyone off advice or words of a way of dealing with it.  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sciatica is pretty much characterized by lower back or hip pain that travels through the buttocks DOWN the leg and sometimes as far as the ankle or foot.  If your pain is localized to hip and lower back, I would consider that maybe your spine and hips are out of alignment or that the SI joints in your hips are locked.  This has happened to me many, many times over decades.  Docs just throw anti-inflammatories at you.  My chirpractor fixes me every time I need her.

I wrote this for my TKR group but it may apply to you.  Could be the same mechanism...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/other-pain-after-a-tkr-641040

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.