Heartburn all day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had heartburn all day and isnt going. On esomeprazole 20mg twice a day. Tried gavison advanced but still there. Waiting for a scan for gallbladder/pancreas. Had barium swallow 18 months ago and reflux quite bad.and came up quite far. Had real burning in the abdomen 10 days ago and doc changed me to omeprazole. Buring more or less gone but heartburn dreadful. Any ideas how to calm it down?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I suspect the scan won't reveal anything, it sounds like bad irritation in your gullet from acid. Sometime this irritation can be out of proportion to observable problems (my best friend is a GP and told me this). Are you stressed? Mine is worse when I am stressed and if I follow a relaxation cd for a few days it diminishes.

Other things that help me - posture (sitting upright) avoiding large meals, walking, stretching, avoiding tomatoes, fizzy drinks and too much alcohol. Hope that helps and hope the scan can give a diagnosis, but I suspect it may not xx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.