Heartburn and reflux not stopping on labeprazole 2x daily & raniditine

Posted , 9 users are following.

4 weeks ago I had a hearburn for 2 days and friend thought I shoudl have it checked out. At the time I slept well but was a bit sore. Dr prescribed PPI straight away which I took without checking the implicatons. Since then my life has been terrible.

I have not responded to single, double PPI doze and now raniditine added. Today a mobilum added. My symptons have actually hugely deteriorated. Huge reflux, constant hearburn for a week - no sleep longer than 1 hour per day on now elevated bed. I went to GP again (they are fed up with me) and ended up in A&E with pain yesterday. Now on kodein painkiller.

I had endoscopy at the beginning (privately) - week after PPI, which revealed some gastritis but I have not stomach pains or symptons (no nausea, etc.). But since then symptons have become so severe . GP is organising another endoscopy in a weeks time, but I am becoming desperate in coping with the pain (reflux and hearburn). No sleep, no respite...

Any help or ideas please?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Denise have they checked your gallbladder sounds  just like I was when I had gallstones? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.