Heat Intolerance

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Do any of you have an intolerance to heat since you started having peri/Menopause Symptoms? I cannot tolerate extreme heat indices. I live in New York and in the summer it can get really cooking here with the heat. When I go out I start experiencing anxiety because I'm afraid I'm going to pass out although this has never happened. I feel weird and start feeling funny sensations in my head. I don't feel any relief until I'm indoors with a cool fan or AC. Anyone else have this reaction to the heat?

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes!!! Exactly the same it's scary I pray daily for relief from all these horrible symptoms

• Posted

Yes I get this way when Im PMSing. I live in AR so it gets horribly hot and I get really sick and dizzy. I usually have to stay indoors on days like that. These days my PMS last so much longer because my montlys are really messed up. Even sleeping at night if I get hot I get a very uncomfortable feeling like I just want to come out of my skin.
  • Posted

Hear you are cooking there in NY today! Best place to be is in the a/c! I never used to have a problem with the heat, in fact we moved to Florida for sunny hot weather. But since being in full blown peri, I have to say, the heat gets to me too. Since getting back here from being up north for the summer, I just stay in or go in the pool. And sometimes when I'm in the pool I'll still get the burning feelings in my body! 

Today I went to the dentist and even with the nitrous oxide and a movie playing in my little goggles I still was feeling panicky. I hate that feeling.

• Posted

I just moved to FL three weeks ago from WV and the heat is so much worse for me
    • Posted

You'll be happy you moved here when you are still out doing things in January! Summer is tough here. 

• Posted

Hi there,

it s symptom of estrogen deficiency indeed...I live in Greece and when the weather is scorching hot and humid I cannot bear it..my joints are becoming stiff and I cannot bend my knees

how old are you?

are you still menstruating? 

• Posted

Yes I'm still menstruating. I'm 44 but my periods are very Irregular and I have been going through all of this since I was 35. I only have one ovary since I had to have one removed years ago before I had my kids.

• Posted

Good morning,

I am only 32 years old and  I am already perimenopausal..I am still having regular cycles every month but my low estrogen symptoms have become unbearable on daily basis since MAy 2016 after an ovarian cyst rupture surgery...

Doctor cut a small part of my left ovary but I think this has affected me immensely..

Now, 2 years later, another cyst ( maybe endometriosis) has appeared on the right ovary that has to removed..I hope only the cyst..

If you do not mind my question, why your ovary had to be removed?

You are lucky though, you have kids...I do not have kids and maybe I will never become a mother but I have accepted this potential..the only thing I want this moment is estrogen supplement to feel active and healthy  again ..my life has been destroyed from many aspects 

• Posted

They had to remove my right ovary because there was a large cyst that had encapsulated the ovary causing it to hemmorage. It was very painful. They had to remove the ovary and the fallopian tube on that side. Yes they said it was a miracle that I had my two kids with just one ovary. But with my son, who was the first, it was an extremely difficult labor and delivery. When I had my daughter, I opted for a C section. But if it's God's will, you will have kids. I had my surgery at age 26. I had my kids at age 35 and 39, respectively. If there was hope for me, there's hope for you too. 😊

• Posted

Hello!  Same here...we have been boiling here.  I cannot take it.  Then, the snow comes and I’ll complain about that!  But seriously, yes I am very heat intolerant...headaches, effort breathing, overall fainting feeling .  Definitely AC and fan on me right now😎

• Posted

Yes the heat triggers my migraines and makes my BP go up. There's always something.

• Posted

Hi Sharserv - Yep! You described me to a T - I used to think it was because I have high blood pressure (on RX) but then when I realized it was a “thing” for some in menopause than I knew it was because of meno - do you also suffer from flushing?  It is to the point that I am just incapacitated during heat waves & I really don’t go out during the day in summer months - I was recently at an afternoon wedding where the sun was on my face (not even in the heat of the day) & I was sweating and I started to have an anxiety attack & this is from someone who used to love to bake at the beach - Ugh! 

• Posted

Yes I did notice it before I started BP meds that I got anxious in the heat. It's terrible and scary. Yes I do get the flushes. Those send my anxiety over the top. I can't even take hot showers like I used to because of this intolerance to heat.

• Posted

Hi Sharcerv - isn’t it all so lovely?  There is nothing more attractive than a menopausal woman with a “menopot” flushing like she just got slapped in the face,  gushing perspiration like a water fountain, and gasping for air because she is experiencing one humdinger of an anxiety attack all because she got a little over heated.  Meanwhile, everyone else around her is cool, calm & composed - 😡🤯🤬

• Posted

Exactly. I am extremely self conscious so I worry that I look strange to others all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.