Heat intolerance, brain fog, low energy and skin rashes.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

Every day I get worse. No doctors find the reason of my low energy, skin iflamation and rashes, bloating, heat intolerance, hot flashes or brain fog. Lately I cannot function and I get very dizzy if I go down to the floor. I am not going out anymore because the heat kills me and I am not able to do anything. I have 0 energy and my episodes are getting worse. I have seen like 20 doctors. Any help?????

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have u checked you blood. Look at you iron, magnesium, B12, and vitamin D levels to see if they are low. Also have them check for Lyne disease and your thyroid as well.
    • Posted

Thank you a lot. I will do it as soon as possible. Thyroid is the only one that I got checked and was fine. The rest I will do it. Do you know if I can ask a PCP for a Lyme Disease? Are you sick too?
    • Posted

Pcp can do lyme test. I have orher issues like brain fog but it looks like i have vestibular migrains
    • Posted

Vestibular migrains. I have not heard about it. When I was a child I was diagnosed with regular migrain but I have no symptoms of it. I am happy that you know what you got. Thanks again. Get better.
  • Posted

The first thing I thought was thyroid. But you've ruled that out. Lyme test is good to rule out, especially if you live in an area with ticks. Are you menopausal? Some of the symptoms could be meno. Also, maybe a food intolerance? That wouldn't show up on an allergy test since intolerance is not true allergy. Gluten, eggs, dairy are big offenders, but it can be any food. Look up how to do an elimination diet.

I am surprised you've seen so many drs, and only had thyroid checked. As well as a blood cell panel and chem panel, ask for a sedimentation rate test. It is not specific to a certain disease, but shows the state of inflammation in your body. A markedly positive test should prompt investigation into autoimmune disease, as well as infections and other conditions.

• Posted

Wow. I see you know a lot. I do not kow if you are studying medicine or you read a lot like me but you really know. I started gluteen free yesterday since I read about gluteen sensitivity because I am not celiac. I will do it for three months and then lactose will be the next. I really appreciate your advices and the time you spent with me. You care more than my doctors. Thanks. In this kind of situations we learn the importance of somebody listening to you. I am not menopausal yet but I have a lot of symptoms of it. I will ask for the tests that you told me. Now tell me about you. What is happening to you???
    • Posted

I'm currently doing well. I have what is called vestibular or basilar migraine. It causes ringing in my ear, rocking dizziness, visual disturbance, stuffy nose one side, and sometimes, facial pain. I am on a preventative drug for it, and I also have to avoid a lot of foods, pretty

• Posted

Sorry, wasn't finished ! I pretty much avoid all prepared foods, cured meats, red wine. Rain storms are also a trigger. This all started 3 yrs ago when I entered perimenopause.

I'm am not a medical professional, but I am a scientist and I like to research things. I hope the gluten free diet works for you.

• Posted

Do you have t avoid a lot of foods? Wow. I did not know that rainstorms were a trigger. How did you find out? I am glad I found this chat. It is very recomforting to have people that listen to you and care. Thanks, everyone!!!
    • Posted

I've had regular migraines infrequently since 20 yrs old. I am 48 now. 3 yrs ago, I started up with attacks of the one sided stuffy nose, ear ringing, and facial pressure. I thought it was allergies or sinus problem. My very smart allergist said vestibular migraine. Then occasional vertigo happened, as well as generalized dizziness. I went to an ENT, who also said migraine, so I finally caved in and went to the neurologist, and we started trialing different meds, which helped. I always do good in summer and fall. Winter spring can get bad again. I also have fibromyalgia, which has returned with perimenopause. Hormones are my biggest migraine trigger, so I cannot take HRT. Weather is a well recognized migraine trigger, as is certain foods, stress, hormones, caffeine, and other things I'm forgetting, lol!

• Posted

Wow. Almost everything triggers it. I do know that banana, chocolate and cheese are your enemies.Do you have it under control now? It is very good that you read a lot and learn how to get better. It is not easy when you do not know what makes you worse. I am glad you found good Drs. I have not been that lucky.
    • Posted

yes...chocolate, nuts, caffeine, coffee, dairy, onions,soy,salt,  and some say to avoid gluten  the list goes on  avoid canned foods because of GMO that was another one......olives
  • Posted

A nice neurologist once told me that just because it doesn't show up on paper, it doesn't mean that anything is wrong.

Have you been checked for autoimmune diseases such as lupus and MS?

• Posted

isn't wrong*

• Posted

l like that Dr. Where is he? That is the truth. I was tested for lupus but never for MS. That is a posibility ? Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.