Heat intolerance, brain fog, low energy and skin rashes.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

Every day I get worse. No doctors find the reason of my low energy, skin iflamation and rashes, bloating, heat intolerance, hot flashes or brain fog. Lately I cannot function and I get very dizzy if I go down to the floor. I am not going out anymore because the heat kills me and I am not able to do anything. I have 0 energy and my episodes are getting worse. I have seen like 20 doctors. Any help?????

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It sounds as if you're going through menopause. I think you're seeing the wrong doctors. Go to the menopause website to see that all the symptoms you're describing are posted there.

• Posted

Somebody told me that at the begining. It has the same symptoms. The endocrinilogist said it was not hormonal. I think it is.
  • Posted

Hi......I was reading the others with their responses.....yes.......what tests have you had done??  you should have your blood checked for everything.......alot of things could be causing this
    • Posted

I have done thyroid, lupus, cortisol, general panels, Sjogren's, and candida. CAT Scan of abdomen. 

• Posted

Ahh. Ok that makes sense. If you've been tested for lupus and sjogrens, did that testing come about from an elevated SED rate? The abd ct was good to have done. Rules out a lot of nasty things.

How long has this been going on? Did it start suddenly or gradually? Do you have fevers when your temp is taken at the dr office? What type of skin inflammation and rashes do you get? How old are you?

• Posted

Hello. Nice to meet you. My name is Samantha and I am 29. It started 5 years ago. The symptoms haven been gradually showing up. The lupus test was normal. The only thing was low one time was cortisol but just once. After that have been normal. No fever but very hot skin. Isn't that weird? Butterfly rash, back arm rashes, livedo reticularis all over my body, face inflamation, facial hair, darker skin around mouth, green face color when episodes, dry mouth at night, irritability when on episodes, zero energy, brain fog, and dry hands. When taking a warm shower, drinking hot things or the AC turns off very bad heat from cheast to head and head pressure. This is icredible but that is my day to day. Thank you.

• Posted

If I am not mistaken a butterfly rash is lupus.......Please look into it more
    • Posted

It is possible to have early menopause, but your cycle would be irregular, I'd think. Endocrinologist probably tested FSH, and testosterone (hair on face) to rule out early menopause and polycystic ovarian disease.

When you say you get these hot flashes, do you flush red in your face or chest? Do red dots appear over your body (not the livedo)? I had a friend with those symptoms, and she had mastocytosis. She required an epipen because the mast cells released histamine and her bp would drop. Another condition with her symptoms, carcinoid syndrome, had to be ruled out.

If you are taking any regular medications, did they rule out medication side effects?

Anyway, just throwing some thoughts out there. You are a medical mystety!

• Posted

Lol. I am a medical mystery. I appreciate a lot the time you spend with my case. You should be a Dr. Seriously. I am studying psychology and I was going to change but would be too many years because I have not taken any science course. You should do it. Mastocytosis was the idea a friend of mine mentioned once,but what kind of test do I need for it? What kind of Dr diagnosed your friend? With the hot flashes my face gets red(like butterfly rash). No medications at all.

Thanks again

• Posted

Oh I forgot. Yes something under my skin like white spots all over. It seems like no blood is there. Very strange.
    • Posted

This is from a medical website:

Livedo reticularis: A mottled purplish discoloration of the skin. Livedo reticularis can be a normal condition that is simply more obvious when a person is exposed to the cold. It can also be an indicator of impaired circulation. Livedo reticularis has been reported in association with autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus; abnormal antibodies referred to as phospholipid antibodies; and a syndrome featuring phospholipid antibodies with multiple brain strokes.

The more you mentioin things you have, the more I think Liz could be right. It sounds like an autoimmune disease of some sort.

• Posted

Mabel, the white spots you refer to don't sound like masto. I have some of those on my upper thigh. The Dr says of no consequence. My friend with masto would get red dots all over. Like a ladybug, except red. But her biggest symptoms would be these anaphylaxis like reactions where the ast cells proliferate, very much like a severe allergic reaction. And she had a problem with diarrhea. Perhaps this is not what's going on with you. I believe to be diagnosed 100% , she had to have a bone marrow biopsy. That is not something to take lightly!

Back to you. Have you seen a rheumatologist? It does seem that at least one of your drs was pursuing an autoimmune cause. The blood markers for lupus and sjogrens don't always show up in patients with those diseases. Usually, but not always, with these types of conditions, there is body aching, either muscular, tendon, or joints. You didn't mention that as your symptom. I assume you've seen the dermatologist as well? Did they do a skin biopsy of your rash? When I was having autoimmune like aching 20yrs ago (it was later attributed to fibromyalgia) I was going through all the testing for lupus and other autoimmune conditions. Some tests were mildly positive, most were negative. And my SED rate was normal even when feeling my worse. That us usually an indicator that the cause is not autoimmune. But the dr trialed me on a course of prednisone to see if I improved, which I did not. I'm wondering if any of your drs suggested that?

I'm hoping your issues will get better removing gluten from your diet. You said dairy was next. If no success, try eggs. I love eggs and have eaten them my whole life, and suddenly developed an intolerance last summer. I quit them for months, and now i can have them once in awhile.

My hormone dr wants me to read a book about being sick fat and nearly dead. She says the gut flora get out of balance and needs a reset via a juice fast. I am supposed to read this and follow the juice fasting protocol. I am to take no supplements or probiotics during this time, but add them afterward. She did it for 10 days, and lost 15lbs, her skin cleared up, she was sleeping better, and more energy. I haven't had time to look into it, but plan to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.