Heavily drinking for 10 or so years and suspected pancreatitis

Posted , 10 users are following.

Im 34 and a mother and wife. I wont lie, I have not had the smoothest road through life in terms of poor relationships that led to years of stress. During the last ten or so years I have been drinking, I used to drink at weekends and go all out to het drunk with friends. As I gre up I started to do this less but started drinking at home. This increased over time and became my go to. Doesnt help that my mum and brother and thos e around drink heavily too so its kind of in my eyes been normal. Thing is I know it isnt normal and in my own mind ive questioned my drinkign but never stopped. There have been periods (rarely) where I dont drink for a month, a few days here and there more likely now. I used to suffer panic disorder and anxiety from stress which i know alcohol didnt help so i stopped for 4 months last year. Later last year I got very down, not always easy with my husband and I turned to drinking wine every night, for a couple of months it was two bottles of wone a night. I cut down and most weeks I drink a bottle a night with maybe a day or two off every other week if i am being honest. I am scared, Im angry at myself for beign a selfish cow. I have been getting bad indigestion type pains on and off for a few months now but not consistently. Last four weeks been getting more regular and today I was sent to hospital. Had bloods done and chest and abdo xrays and all clear but going in on Thursday for ultrasound and more bloods. Dr suspects Pancreatitis, I am terrified! Terrifed that this is it for me, that I have chucked my life away and wont be the mum and wife my family deserve. I am a good mum and I love my husband, I also exercise regulary and eat well so im even more annoyed with myself that I drink so much. Im not entirely convinced i am addicted just gotten used to having a drink t the end of the day.

i know people will judg and think im selfish and stupid and i know, i just needeto be able to put it out somewhere because my drinking has been worrying me for a long time incase it affected my health and life span with my family. Im so afraid that it will be worst case scenario i really dont know what to do.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ang,

Sorry to here about the struggle with the booze. If it is any help I found that changing your poison rather than trying to beat it worked for me.

I was a keen drinker (50 pint a week plus whisky) and was told to stop drinking immediately and forever. It came as a bit of a shock, I love pubs dearly.

So rather than give up all my friends and the very person I was I tried psylocibin (the active part of magic mushrooms in drop form very successfully.

A feeling of clumsy euphoria.

No ill effects (from what I've researched so far) on the pancreas.

Gone after 4 hours so up bright and breezy for work in the morning.

Micro dosing has proven to help with flagging mental health.

Give it a whirl, it may work for you, it may not. It certainly works for me.

Note: It is ILLEGAL so you will have to deal with idiot drug dealers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.