Heavy Drowsiness

Posted , 18 users are following.

Have any of you experienced feeling extremely drowsy all of a sudden and also with a fuzzy-headed feeling like you going to pass out. Like you were drifting away? So weird!

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I have. Sometimes in mid-sentence when I'm talking to someone when time seems to stand still and I dumbly stare at the other person's face. I don't know what it must look like.  If I'm at home I have to lie down. If I'm outside I try to find somewhere to sit. I feel like I'm drifting into sleep, and as you say it happens suddenly. The joys of peri.
  • Posted

Hi!

Yes, it hits me like clockwork around 3 pm EST. On the days I am working, I usually get a coffee around 2 pm to help me ride through it, but the brain still gets a bit foggy. Add this to the  "gee I hope this passes soon!" list!

Haven't gotten the actual feeling like I was going to pass out, other than when I might not have eaten properly in the am and I suspect my sugar (not diabetic) is dropping. 

Very odd feelings at times. Looking forward to many of these issues being a thing of the past! 

Annie xx

• Posted

Honestly, today is one of those days I could just cry as I'm so tired of not feeling like myself. Today I'm so slow moving and achy, hate this, sound like old fossil and I really hate it! Granted I'm not a spring chicken, but I'm also not 90, yet today I feel this way since the moment my foot hit the floor and I'm terrified this is how it will always be. Many tell me this does pass, but today.............like I said earlier, this can't pass soon enough!! wink  Hope you feel better soon as well!

Annie xx

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean. I had a great day (one day!) last week when I had boundless energy (almost ran along the road) Bumped into a friend. Chatter. Oh, can this be the end of Peri I (rashly) thought. The next day...like you say - instant fossilisation from the word go. I could hardly walk when I went outside. My feet were so sore. I thought I was going to collapse. Just wish I could have some energy back. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Thank you Val and you too....hope this passes quickly for all of us! 

Annie xx

• Posted

Same feelings, yesterday i thought I was dying so weak not even the energy to lift a cup to drink & then today as though nothing was wrong, managed to shop, hoover, clean bathrooms, cook dinner etc.

I seem to have good days/bad days, good week/bad weeks, very frustrating. So pleased to have found this forum as i can now see people are going through the same things or at least similar. I was anxious it was something other than the menopause.

• Posted

I cannot begin to describe the wierdness I feel in my head .. Almost passing out ! Dizzy but not spinning it's more like a head pressure wierdness I can't even describe it!
  • Posted

Hi. Yes this was one of my first symptoms. Still get this strange feeling but not as bad as I use to be. Does any of you lovely ladies suffer with stomach problems?
  • Posted

I am having all that right now. I feel dizzy, spaced out, not myself at all. As I have had this a bit over the last 2 weeks I am even thinking it may be something more sinister. Lost my appetite and I am losing weight as well as any interest in life.

I would describe my emotional state as being similar to suffering a bereavement/ loss. I wonder if anyone else feels this way.

Really hope it is all just a passing phase, good luck. Hope you feel better very soon xx

• Posted

Yes I have lost weight too. I can't seem to get my appetite up enough to take in the calories.
    • Posted

Ladies Heres what you need if you can't get weight to stay put  or not much of an appetite  from a nurse to me this is used for patients convelecing  it's called METATONE  you can buy this in a chemist shop ,it's got every Vit you need when unwell. You can get malnourished as I did.I lost over 4 stone in just 4 months ,no appetite from illness ,then a concerned nurse put me onto this ,Go get some ,read up on it Today I would go to that everytime .Ive got weight back ,but never got my muscle tone back from illness sad to say .Its led on to Levator Syndrome .The Metatone will increase your appetite .Trust it glad I did and that kind nurse .
    • Posted

Sorry didn't get back earlier just back on pad  you maybe able to get it off the net  but I know pharmacys sell it here ,it's a fair size bottle ,not to expensive think meno females may want to give it a look Peri and Post meno ,as our weight fluctuates a lot  ,and let's face it we do seem to pick up all kinds of ailments ,so this METATONE is a good decent Vit to have on standby  yes I have posted before on this Vit ,due to what I went through. I was really poorly.i had a jo to hold myself upright to this weight loss ,hence the nurses concern towards me. She was annoyed a Dr hadn't put me on it ,after what I'd gone through .just go try it if your not upto eating very much. You will gradually get appetite back .
    • Posted

Hello Irene,

Wow, that is a perfect way to describe the emotional state at times. Last year, on and off,  I did have those feelings similar to bereavement. Couldn't understand it then. I suppose in a way it's a light depression from the hormonal flucuations, mine was peppered with anxiety as well. 

As far as losing interest in life, we tend to almost hibernate (many women speak of not wanting to leave the house & etc) and I think that is (at least for me) in part due to not being comfortable in our skin with all the changes happening, again, not being in control. I have even lost interest in quilting and gardening for the time being, as well.  

How that so stinks!

I had to go visit my Godmother today as it's been some time that I have been to see her. The old me would have gotten up this morning, showered, primp and zipped out the door and drove over to see her myself. 

What did I really do? Ha! Showered, sat and drank some coffee, ate a little bit, did nothing of signifigance and then when my husband came in around noon, WE went there, he drove! How he puts up with me and this nonsense is beyond me! I don't bother him too often, but today was simply one of those days. 

Yes.........this is a passing phase, it really is. But I'm incredibly impatient and it's not passing quick enough for my liking! lol!

Do hope you will try the supplement Marlene has mention to help you gain some weight back. 

Sending you some hugs! (((())))

Annie xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.