Heavy Drowsiness

Posted , 18 users are following.

Have any of you experienced feeling extremely drowsy all of a sudden and also with a fuzzy-headed feeling like you going to pass out. Like you were drifting away? So weird!

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

sharcer i'm another one who gets this.  I can all of a sudden feel really sleepy and fuzzy and could just close my eyes and go to sleep but dont know if i would cos it usually happens when i'm at work or out somewhere and yes the drifting away feeling is so weird.  can only speak for myself but i'm feeling so old as i get so tired these days. My inlaws who are in their 80's have more go in them than me sad.  I feel for annieschaefer she sounds like i can feel at times.  Poor us xx
  • Posted

Hi there. Yes, I've spent the last 4 months feeling like that continually. :'( All my symptoms have been severe & this is one of the worst.I can't leave the house on my own, if at all most days. The body tremors, reflux, and constipation have stopped, but still have this wierd unreal head, anxiety, palpitations, racing heart, exhaustion, nausea, headaches, pain everywhere, bladder irritation (that's a new one) blurred 'dimmed' vision, memory lapses, depression & emotional sensitivity. What a laff hahahaha...... despite it all I'm still on no meds, resisting the hrt as I would have to come off it one day....and I guess it all starts again?? Just the thought of it fills me with dread. I'm 47 feeling 87 and crazy at the moment, but my dr reassured me today that it does pass, it's just a matter of getting through it! I send my love to all the ladies going through this hell....but we will all get through this one way or another smile
    • Posted

Thank you - it is good to have some degree of optimism.
    • Posted

Ooh!! Bless ye. I know exactly how your feeling. I've been going through this awful thing for 5yrs now. Some days better than others.😄 once you know what it is it's easier to accept. It's also good to talk to others going through the same and understand. 😍
    • Posted

I can identify with you. Thank you for your kind words that we will all see the end of this.
    • Posted

Hi Brimbo.

I do really feel for you. I can hardly leave the house on my own either these days. I was having such awful headache and nauesea on top of the depression, aches, anxiety, that this evening my husband drove me to our local A & E dept for about the 4th time in the last 3 months.

After having completely convinced myself I had a subdural hematoma due to a recent slip and fall, I ended up seeing a wonderful doctor who listened very carefully, gave me what I can only describe as a very thorough checkup, and then some osteopathic treatment, which almost instantly eased my symptons. He told me to go and get a sports massage asap, and said basically I had whiplash injuries.

I still feel miles better than I have done for weeks while typing this.

I think I was just very lucky to be allocated a consultant who really knew about alternative medicine.

I also feel more mentally alert than I have done for weeks.

I just think that many perimenopause symptons could probably be enormously helped by these type of alternative therapies. He also felt my acu-points and said acupuncture could very well help.

• Posted

Hi Sharcerv

I have been experienceing tiredness and extreme drowsyiness myself there are times I just want to sleep all day but I know I can. There are times I just have no energy and that makes it hard to go on for a day 

• Posted

Ah yes brain fog !!!! Like a hangover with out the pleasure, and yes the forgetfulness, like forgetting what something's called etc........the joys !!!!
  • Posted

Hi

Yes I have had the exact same feelings, pretty scary. I feel like i'm going to faint or something.

Don't know what it is, but guessing its hormone related.

• Posted

Yes it's definitely hormonal. I'm due for my period in three days so that is a clear indication for me.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reasurrance smile I seem to have heightened symtoms the nearer my period gets, ie dizziness,lightheadness,feeling like im going to faint, nausea,jelly legs, breast soreness, headaches, tiredness,little energy, insomnia, bladder irritability, spots & then bang period arrives & i feel so relieved, symptoms subside for a week or two & have a little bit of feeling almost normal again until the cycle begins again.
  • Posted

Yes, yes, YES!!!  All awful things, and they come together, in pairs at least.  And then, when one thing is getting better, another pair comes :S...  But as I always say, I had it all, I am feeling better, you will too.  We wont get younger and feel like 20 again, but we improve and that I can testify smile  Yep, hormones :S
  • Posted

Without fail every day normally once I sit down to have 5 minutes to myself. I feel like I'm on a boat and nausea simetkmes happens too. Yesterday I was doing some work and I felt like I was going to fall off the chair and quite scared I was going to pass out, lasted 5 seconds but really scary. I try to ignore it and let it pass but really gets the anxiety going! Hope you feel better.
    • Posted

Yeah I get that feeling like I'm going to fall off my chair too. So weird.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.