Heavy metals and glandular fever

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Just wanted to share some info that might be relevant or helpful. I'm eleven months in and although I'm feeling soooo much better, I'd say I'm generally still only at 80% of my pre glandular fever capacity with fatigue, anxiety,  muscle aches and dizziness still being issues a few times a month. 

I went to see a naturopath yesterday who does live blood screening and she said that my immune system looks excellent and if I hadn't have told her I had glandular fever, she wouldn't have been able to tell, BUT that I had a lot of heavy metals in my system which really needed to by death with. (I also saw her incidentally right before my illness and I had no heavy metal build up at that time.)

She said while you're fighting a chronic infection your liver is really strained and can't do its job of clearing out heavy metals effectively, but also that glandular fever and CMV viruses feed off these metals and it can make the viruses worse. I did a bit of reading and some articles said "when glandular fever and CMV are feeding off heavy metals it can lead to symptoms like muscle aches, anxiety, anemia and central nervous system dysfunction."  I am a healthy eater, don't smoke, don't eat processed food and before the virus was vegetarian for ten years so I really think the viruses had something to do with this current heavy metal issue.

So perhaps my lingering symptoms are now metal related and no longer the virus. Heavy metal toxicity on its own causes anxiety, central nervous system issues, nausea, anemia, fatigue and muscle aches- my symptoms! I just wanted to share my experience to make you aware of this complication in case it's relevant to you. 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi sorry to hear you are still feeling unwell i feel your pain this sounds very interesting but what are the heavy metals you are fererring too you sound very similar to myself?? What has the doc told you to do? 
    • Posted

Hi Poppy, heavy metals include Mercury, lead, cadmium etc which are in a lot of things in trace amounts like car fumes, pesticides, petroleum based cosmetics, lead based paint, fish etc. 

Usually the body eliminates these but if you are impaired the heavy metals might not  be eliminated effectively and can build up. I'm taking the naturopaths advice and am doing a heavy metal detox using specific foods and supplements. She said I could get a blood test to determine exactly what metals had built up but that it won't make a difference in terms of detox process so I decided not to get the blood test as I don't want to cause myself unnecessary anxiety worrying about the results. 

I hope you are making a good recovery Poppy, this virus is truly awful. 

• Posted

Hi KS2017,

It's good to hear from you and that is really interesting what you've told us about the heavy metals. I'm hoping that can be helpful in some ways to folks and there can be ways which the naturopath can help address this kind of thing.

Still wanting to reassure you that things will continue to improve until you reach 100% or as near as, I was maybe 80% or so after 11 months too but into the second year things really did start to improve and was able to live a much more normal and full and active life again - really hoping and praying for this for you KS, hang in there and thinking about you!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you so much for your continued support Craig. Seeing the naturopath gave me hope that my lingering symptoms had a solid cause and that I could do something to directly help that cause get out of my system.

How have you been? how have you been feeling? Thinking of you and praying that things are improving for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.