hello

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone that has anxiety that goes for walks then get light headed? I did my breathing techniques and it's like a calm sensation came over me to the point i got nervous i guess im use to being anxious. I thought i was gonna pass out or something lol just want to see if I'm not alone

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi you not alone with this horrible feeling I feel same sometimes it's horrible I hate that feeling
  • Posted

Yes Mrs.Wife I get lightheaded everyday when I get an anxiety attack or panic attack.. you aren't alone! I also feel like I am going to pass out when I get lightheaded.
  • Posted

Hello - I'm the same , I have tried to go for a walk and have felt the same, light headed, sick, anxious and have to get home quick to lie down again. It's horrible and I feel bad for you. Are you taking any medication for it ? X
  • Posted

Hi, Mrs....I have this terrible tendency to hold my breath all the time, especially when walking outside or on a treadmill...Lately, I've been practicing breathing and it really helps...take a deep breath in by your nose...hold a good 10 seconds, then let it out slowly through your mouth.  Let this become a habit when you are aware of your breathing...It reallly does help with anxiety and depression...Hope this helps...
    • Posted

Absolutely, sweetie....that is what a panic attack is...fight or flight.  We all have that in our brain, however, the person with the panic attack has something go wrong with ours.  The thing that everyone who has panic disorder feels like is that they are dying or doomed....It lasts approximately 20 to 30 min. in a full blown one.  After that, you are left very pale, fragile and weak.  It takes a day or two for your brain to come back to normal, and usually leaves you with a slight headache...The one thing you have to remember is....You are NOT in danger during a panic attack.  Your brain tells you that you are, and  that you are dying, but feelings are not always facts....When you first start feeling like one is coming on...take two frozen bottles of water and with bare feet, rub both feet around on the bottles..that somehow throws your brain back into place sooner.  Hang in there...You are NOT dying.....HUGS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.