Hello

Posted , 7 users are following.

What foods are good to eat with IBS-c I have food map to help but seems a lot I try hurts and goes for days into a week. I very new to it.  So any info will help. I used to weigh 135lbs now I'm 108.3lbs. I don't like that and brings my depression up higher.  So any help on wieght gain that's safe to eat let me know and meals.  Rice ,cracker, plan noodles get boring after awhile. 

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

See a dietician to help you with the Low Fodmap diet.
  • Posted

Ooh someone else with ibs c! I have problems with fructose and white bread mainly.  Try one food at a time,  but have the help off your dietitian,  any food you try I was told try for 3 sessions.  If after 1 session you get pain stop and write down what it was,  if it doesn't hurt then try again but a little more,  if you now get symptoms then write it down if not try for a third time,  if no symptoms then you're OK with that food.  I tried with stone fruit after 1 time I ended up in pain do had to stop.  Watch your stress levels if you try when you're stressed or your symptoms are bad you won't know if if was the food or not.  Check with your doctor and ask to see a dietitian. 

• Posted

I stress a lot cuz of my weight . I use a hot pad to sooth my cramps. 
  • Posted

You must ask your dietitian what's best for you.  They'll be the best people ad they're the experts. 

• Posted

September 20th is when I go to a nutritionist 
    • Posted

Oh only  3 weeks so not too bad then. Good luck with this hopefully they'll sort something for you then. 

• Posted

What about drinks like other then Water all the time. I like water but like to have flavor. What drinks is safe to have.  ??? 
    • Posted

You can drink anything you like. You have to see how it affects you. Coffee triggers cramps in a lot of people, but since you are constipated things like coffee and fruit juice might be ok. Fizzy drinks sometimes cause bloating but not always. IBS diet is trial and error there's no other way round it.

• Posted

So nothing with corn syrup in it and 100% fruit juice.  Is V8 fusion good to have cuz of the fruit and veggies kinds they have ? 
    • Posted

Hi Dominic,  I'd ask your chemist they're always a good place to start for unusual requests  or Holland and Barrett. 

• Posted

Hi Dom, high fibre is recommended a combination of insoluble and soluble fibre, have you tried abdominal massage ?, you do it yourself techniques online show you how to do it, its supposed to stimulate colon movement.
    • Posted

I have movements here and there just no feel of relief like people who don't have this condition.  Some times twice aweek then others none.  Never tried that massage?  I just been doing walking yoga to keep stress down but still hurt after I eat something small have to wait till my appointment 

• Posted

I second massage! really helps. forgot all about it as ive been having bad IBS-D lately to speeding up my intestines is the last thing I need!
  • Posted

Hi a low FODMAP diet can benefit your digestive system which cuts out all trigger foods for your sensitive gut. 

If you could fill out my survey that would be great ..

Many thanks 

Lauren 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Pardon did I read your post correctly? 56 tablets? That's no way to live your life! Please see someone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.