Hello.....again.

Posted , 14 users are following.

It has been a long time since I have posted on here. I am not "cured", yet !  I am ok.  I hope that anyone who remembers me is ok, too. 

Alonangel 🎇

4 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It's good to hear from you again.

• Posted

Thank you, 171207.  

I hope you are doing well.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

I am doing better. No alcohol in 2 months. But only because of my third trip to the er this year. I only stayed a few hours and got a prescription to detox at home. I never want to go back. The doctor spoke to me with almost contempt and just asked me what I wanted him to do. So he wrote me the prescription while the nurse told me she had never seen numbers this high like I was doing it on purpose. I'm trying to start the Sinclair method but must find the right doctor. I totally agree that we we must keep trying. If you give up you know the outcome already. If we keep trying the sky is the limit!!

• Posted

2 months, alcohol-free is a brilliant achievement.  I am really happy, for you. I feel inspired !  I am going to try for a totally alcohol-free day, tomorrow.

My "insides", have been playing up.  I think they are telling me that they have had ENOUGH... well, more than enough !

Please, keep doing whatever you are doing, to keep off it.

More power to your will.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Just an update, 171207.  I managed to be totally Alcohol-Free, today !

Now, I just have to continue, tomorrow.

My"insides", are calm... Result !!

Blessings,

Alonangel🎇

• Posted

Good for you!!! That first day is so hard especially if you don't feel good. Keep it going and I'll keep going forward with you.

• Posted

I know that insides are calm feeling.  I still maintain 2 small glasses of wine each night and I swear my insides smile.  And I do without a doubt feel calmer in myself (plus I've got my pink cheeks back lol !)

Keep it up - persistence and this site is the way to do it. 

Some special 'uns on here.

G x

• Posted

Hi 171207.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I have completed 3 days Alcohol-Free.  I hope I really can keep it going.  

I am very positive, this time.

You are doing sooo well.  It must make you feel a lot happier.  Please do keep going forward... I am following you !

Blessings,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hi Gwen.  Thanks for the encouragement.  3 days completely off it, I am very pleased with myself !  I have Diazepam and Campral to help. I took both today.  My "insides", can cope with them.

Blessings to you, special one !!

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

I wanted to stay off it, without medication... but it is sooo hard.

I will take the meds as I need them.  I have to be realistic.

• Posted

Good 😊 plan it's wise to always have a backup. You know how the mind triggers 👍. You are the best at what you can do for what you expect from yourself. Keep the expectations reasonable! Many blessings sent ur way!😇

HOPE4CURE🎅

• Posted

Thank you Alon, such a hard slog this nightmare.  I don't take anything; I do have a pack of Diazepam which my doc gave me if I was going cold turkey but I did not do turkey nor take any.  I will keep those for panic attacks another lil ole hurdle I battle.

Welll done to you - hugs smile x

• Posted

Well done you. I hope things will be wonderful for you. I grew up as a child with two parents who were both alcholics. And now my stupid half brother is one, but not all the time. We only have one liver look after it, & it will look after YOU well done give your self a treat. Regards Amanda

• Posted

Thank you, Amanda.  I am hoping that 2017, is going to be my " Year of Success"..... you've got to have a dream !

I do worry about my liver, then, still throw the poison into it.  Sad lack of logic !!

I wish you well,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hi, hope you're doing OK. I've read some of your posts.

• Posted

Thank you, robertR.  I used to post quite a lot.

I hope something I have said, may have been of some help to you.

I wish you well,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Feeling and understanding this for you.  I have tapered down slowly and am still in control - I pat myself on the back but could still murder a bottle of wine each night just to sleep - bliss.  I have had 12 hours kip in 6 nights because two small wines dont give me zzzzzzs - what I would not give for a good night of sleep without any alcohol. 

This is hard hard hard and totally draining for us all - glad to share and to see you back.All we can do is keep batting the booze into submission again and again.  It is never ending and never will be - but I refuse to let it dictate to me that this is it - the end - NO IT IS NOT. 

Please stay the same and butt it on its head.  We cannot and will not give in,  ya here girl.

Much love

G.

• Posted

I am laughing, as I try to visualise, "butting it on its head" !

My "insides", are irritated by alcohol, just now.  I really have to take the hint... I know, deep down, alcohol is just not for me.  I wish it was not so darn hard to give it up.

I will keep trying.

Tomorrow is another day.

Love and Blessings,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hello all of you lovely, supportive, wonderful people....I recognise so many names ,especially, the regulars.... I think of you as friends....xxxx

I only drink twice a week now, on Friday I bought a bottle of vodka, and my husband found it....( the walk of shame again )

He does not mind me having wine, but he hates spirits...I wonder why...???? Anyway...I find I enjoy a drink, but like most of us....one or two pints of cider is not enough. I only drink in the evenings twice a week, we meet good friends...then I go home and top up from my now !!! Not so secret stash.....

We are not bad or weak people...we just react differently to alcohol.....MY God, when I was in my forties, I had just begun to drink...a couple of halves of shandy...they were good days....

This forum is so, so good, I am so, so very sorry to hear just how poorly your son is....bless you, keep strong lovely lady.....

Anyway....we will ALL GET BETTER...I truly believe that....

Please look after yourselves all of you wonderful and support friends,...God bless....and big warm, sincere hugs, and love to you all dee xxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Yes, you have been a great help, I have been reading some post here for some time now. You and many others help me understand more about my condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.