Hello.....again.

Posted , 14 users are following.

It has been a long time since I have posted on here. I am not "cured", yet !  I am ok.  I hope that anyone who remembers me is ok, too. 

Alonangel 🎇

4 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Alonangel...so good to see a familiar name...and to know that you are still alive and still fighting for your life from alcohol.

I too keep fighting and I am winning! This is the first Thanksgiving in 3 years I was not drunk. I plan on having it be the same for Christmas...this will be really important to me since I am having a bunch of family over for Christmas Eve and it is NEVER a good thing if I have been drinking.

• Posted

It's great to see so many of the "old regulars" on here, isn't it?

And it's great to see how well so many of you are doing, it fills everyone with hope.

Keep up the good work.

Pat xxx

• Posted

I am so glad you are winning, Misssy.

I want to be on the Winning Team, too !

Keep going, girl.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hi one and all, I was kind of hoping that at least one of you ??? Would remember me.....I recall all of your names and the support....help....advice....and encouragement you gave to me ( thanks for that ) this wonderful site, was a godsend to me, in a time of real need....

You were all so caring, understanding. And amazing, truly amazing with your reactions and replies to me, and so, sooo many others.....

Take care each....always....warm hugs...respect...always dee sincere thanks one side all.....dee xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi one and all, I was kind of hoping that at least one of you ??? Would remember me.....I recall all of your names and the support....help....advice....and encouragement you gave to me ( thanks for that ) this wonderful site, was a godsend to me, in a time of real need....

You were all so caring, understanding. And amazing, truly amazing with your reactions and replies to me, and so, sooo many others.....

Take care each....always....warm hugs...respect...always dee sincere thanks one side all.....dee xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hello Dee.  I have not been on the forum for a very long time.

I am glad that you are having some success with your battle.  It is so difficult to beat the booze.

I managed an Alcohol-Free day, today.  Having none at all is a wonderful feeling.  Now, I have to deal with tomorrow!

I wish you well.

Blessings,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hi lovely lady, thank you so, so much for your reply, it is truly Appreciated xxxxx

Nowadays, the times I get drunk. Are very thankfully.....few and far between......I have never, ever forgotten just how much, help, support, advice. And sincere, warm, encouraging comments from you all....when I was at my lowest ebb....fourth section and twice attempted suicide...I felt no hope for the future, I was damaging my beloved family....but I found this site an absolute lifeline.....I

Truly am certain that you have helped an awful lot more people...of whom you are unaware......thank you all, always....from me and all of the others you have helped also...God bless....one and all Xxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi sweet Dee,

i remember how kind you have been with me over the years. I know that you understand so much and give so many here your heat and experience.

i want for you to find whatever works for you to stay in a place where you are happy . I have a favoriate saying that can add some detail into life in a short sentence and with few words. 

Here is one of my favorite sayings by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within you "! You have a kind loving ??

• Posted

deirdre..of course I remember you.

You are so special and always willing to reach out and help others.

• Posted

Hi lovely, gentle lady.

Many thanks for your lovely reply....we really are a nice, caring, understanding little group, who happen to have a problem,. That we ALL FIGHT...

support is vital in our case, and the best support are people who are going through....or gone through, this fight to conquer this awful addiction....experience and understanding..counts so, so, sooooo much....

Thank you and, all of the wonderful people on this site...warm hugs, love. Encouragement...and above all, truly caring friends....we will all make it....much love, and prayers for each and everyone of us...

Mind you....poor GOD, must be fed up with me....I prayed every day to wake up and not drink....I made bargains that I would be a different person in many ways....I still do...and it has helped me greatly....

Enjoy your day, one and all...take care each.....I love you all xxxxxxxxxxx.

• Posted

Hi, missy sweet, lovely lady, and friend....

You too have helped me more than you can begin to imagine...your understanding is a huge, huge attribute, and is amazing.....

A lot of us people...( we are all nice, caring, but....scared people ) have been helped so much...reassurance, encouragement...

Sympathy, and above all....you have given hope....never, ever ever change, lovely angel....huge warm, sincere hugs to you always lovey xxxxx xxx xxx

And all in this wonderful, close, caring support group....love you all....thanks each and everyone of you...xxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hello. All of you lovely. Caring. Beautiful. And completely understanding people..

Just to say. I wish you all well. I think of our little group every single night.....and I say a pray for each and everyone of us every night also...xxx x ( I think that my HOT LINE .....TO GOD. )

Has been red hot lately. So maybe. GOD...has put me on hold for a while....

All of you lovely little family here. And every other Addict ....no matter what their ADDICTION OF CHOICE...work so. So. So hard every single day . Just to get through it...we deserve to be understood....helped....accepted and above all....be forgiven ....

Love. Respect. Acceptance...and warm sincere hugs to others...and ourselves.....in my heart....mind....and innermost love to you all.....always...xxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi, Alonangel, wonderfult to hear from you again! Glad to hear you're getting the upper hand and that the Campral is working for you! 

• Posted

Hi ADEfree. Thanks, great to hear from you, too. I have had 6 successful Alcohol-Free days.  I have had no particular withdrawal symptoms... yet.  I took Diazepam for a couple of days, Campral twice.  I will take again if I feel it is necessary.  I am not craving for alcohol... I am sick of it !

I don't know how long this attitude will last, so have the medication on standby.(L.O.L.)

How are you doing ?  Well, I hope.

All Good Wishes,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hi Alonangel,

Of course I remember you; glad to hear you're feeling okay and good to see a member posting that I used to communicate with - at least I think we shared a few threads.

This is the first time I've posted for ages; I began to see that the new methods seem to have ousted the old fashioned way that I used to recover so I began to feel pretty useless. I thought HAVE A LOOK TO MSEE WHAT"S GOING ON BUT I think I won't be doing much posting unless mI can offer some encouragement or if anyone shares anything which is useful to me maintaining my sobriety.

I have a good few years under my belt now; I won't say how many as someone seemed a bit riled with me over something and my long time mof sobriety came into it.

I dont know if you nremember but I became sober and stuck with a group m shall remain anonymous as there was some talk about not allowing reference being made to it; I don't know if that happened? From what I've seen, TSM and associated drugs seem to be the main topic these days which, if it's working well is terrific.

I helped to start a group in my Asian town and it's growing rapidly. It suits me because it's what I'm used to and I know very little about the new nmethods so, as I said, I can't be of much use to anyone other than to be empathetic.

Ah well, I'll keep having a look. Someone might post something that I could become involved with and get some useful help in return but I enjoy going to my own meetings and some of us have a good social life together. It's great really as I get to meet people from all over the world.

Anyway, nice to talk to you again; I won't be nipping in very often as I'm a member of a different group on line which I can identify with better.

This forum makes me feel like I'm from Bedrock or Jurassic park biggrin.

Well, I guess it's always here to see if there's any help and support to give and receive.maybe I'll see you later. bye for now. Colin.

• Posted

Lovely to hear from you,Colin.  We dinosaurs are NOT EXTINCT !!!

I am delighted that you have maintained sobriety for A LONG TIME.

I have just completed 7 days Alcohol-Free. I am very happy about it.  I truly believe God is answering my prayers.  I have had very little medication. 

Your achievement strengthens my resolve.

All Good Wishes to you.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Thanks Alonangel; You're right, there are millions of us out there who seek the right path for ourselves. A great many of us are successful; unfortunately, some aren't. I'm not religious at all, but I do pray to my God to help all suffering alcoholcs and those who can't or haven't got to grips with it yet.

Well done on not drinking for 7 days - one day is a great achievement and 7 is wonderful. As I've said, I know very little about the meication used in new methods but I understand that it's imortant to follow the driections to the letter.

Here's hoping you enjoy another 7 days without letting your guard drop.

Good luck and well done. Best Wishes. Maybe it's good idea to have a plan in mind for Christmas?

• Posted

Brilliant - come  on you Alonangel (that is a footie term for encouragement lol) x But I don't do footie, I am a footie widow x

• Posted

great to hear from you...sorry I am late and wondering if you have managed to stay off drinking..18 days ago you had stopped for 6 days..just wondering...Happy New Year!! Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.