Hello all!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, im a 46 male that has suffered RLS for some 15 years,but I also get the sensation in my fingers and arms,is this normal ?.........sometimes I can go a week or two with virtually no symptoms and sleep quite well,but normally I suffer EVERY night,its really getting me down right now,im about to try Tramadol tonight just to see if it'll knock me out!!!.

Ive read that a bar of soap under the bedsheet can help??????.....where abouts do I put this?....under my pillow?...as id imagine trying to sleep with a bar of soap under the sheet somewhere around my back or bum would just keep me awake lol!!!..many thanks..Andy

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've tried Tramadol and it works. I tried the Neupro patch for over a month and I couldn't fall asleep, which is what RLS did in the first place. I heard that the bar of soap (Ivory) was for leg cramps (!) and it was to be shaved in small pieces and put under the bottom sheet by your legs. My next step is to use pneumatic compression leg sleeves with an air pump to be worn at night. Has anyone tried this?
  • Posted

never heard of that. I stopped having RLS when I started drinking half pint of coconut water at lunch time. It has more potassium than bananas
  • Posted

Hi Mary47679,

I purchased something similar for my mother. They were also compression leg sleeves that were suppose to help with restless legs the ones I purchased were by Cleo. My mother did not feel they helped, but then she did not really give them a good go, plus her restless legs syndrome is not just the urge to move but she also has terrible pain in her legs with a feeling of suffocation and the compression seemed to make it worse for her. Everyone is different so its worth a go, I would not spend so much money on a set of sleeves if you find they do not help, it may be worth your while purchasing from a company who are prepared to refund you if the product does not help, i.e. a money back guarantee type thing. I wish you well, I hope it works for you.

Kind Regards

• Posted

Somehow I think I'm on two discussion boards for RLS. But I wanted to remind everyone that kicking and thrashing in bed, and not being aware of doing it, is Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, and the conscious urge to move your legs before sleep is RLS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.