Hello everyone xx

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello I'm new to the group , so glad I found it . I'm on HRT and antidepressants, I have full blown anxiety all day . Just read a few post , I now don't feel like I'm going too bananas .

Love to you all ❤

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there

Welcome. You will find some lovely,helpful ladies on here. They have been a great help to me.

Most ladies here have had or have crippling anxiety with peri. I had anxiety about 7 years ago but came back even worse a few months ago. You really think you are the only one with it when you are out and about. I am on HRT. Some symptoms have eased but I am seeing the doctor tomorrow to see if I need a higher dose. Take care xx

• Posted

Yep me also. I have a go appointment tomorrow. I am thinking mine might be down to my HRT. I took the patch off yesterday- had a slightly better nights sleep. Left it off until late morning by which time I was quite tearful! So took one of my HRT tablets that I used to take prior to Aprils new prescription of the patch. Still have slight palpatations/anxiety but nowhere near as bad!
    • Posted

I was on Euthomysadol (not sure if that's spelt right)initially after my hyster, I felt like a new woman- I was glowing, happy, lost weight. my Dr said it was too expensive so put me on Premarin 0.625mg that was upped to 1mg earlier this year, then I started getting joint pain. So they put me on Fem seven patches in April, not long after I had my first scare. Driving down the motorway and thought I was having a heart attack. Those patches never stayed on so was then given estradot 1mg - only had these a few weeks and anxiety is worse. So going to see if I can take the ones I had originally.
    • Posted

I personally think so. I am 52 and 2 years post op! I have felt better since I removed the patch yesterday. In fact after taking one of my old Premarin tablets today I sprung cleaned my lounge! Not felt like doing anything for ages now.
    • Posted

Spring cleaned hehe , wish I felt that way . I can just about manage to put some makeup on and take the dog out . Everything else just feels like a chore. Xxx
  • Posted

Hello , I rang my Dr today to see about coming off the antidepressants as I've only been on them a short time and she said no I have to give them another week and pick some more HRT patches up .

Thank you for all the help on here ❤

• Posted

Hello Steff.

Yes it does help when others are saying

How they are feeling and we can ask Anythg

We like. It is great.

Enjoy 😃

• Posted

Welcome Steff, I have severe anxiety 24/7 and can relate!  These ladies are wonderful and you'll find lots of support here.
  • Posted

Hi Steff...welcome.

Anxiety is my middle name now. Its the worst peri symptom i have. I probably spend 2 weeks of each month panicking.....its the worst feeling and it just comes out of nowhere for me.

I do as much as I can when i feel ok so when it hits me I can hibernate.

• Posted

I've been like it since February, all day anxiety. It's horrible . I feel like my legs are going to go from under me all day , dizzy . I was sleeping ok now I only get a few hours sleep .xx
    • Posted

How old are you now Steff? I am 48 (49 in october).

I started noticing things happening about 45 but last October it really kicked in. I am still fairly regular but every month is different.

And my bloodtests show my hormones are normal. But I started getting bad hot sweats and moodswings. I have kept track of the moodswings and am bad the second week of my cycle and just before my period.

Its scary thinking of how much worse it is going to get. At least you know you are not alone....i thought I was having a breakdown but when I read others posts on here it seems we are all having same/similar symptoms so we can't all be losing it lol

• Posted

I'm 45 soon , it all started a couple of years ago . I'm a little better than I was but I shake all day with the anxiety. I was spending all my time hibernating now I try to go out .The weeks are hard though as I don't drive and don't work. I live in a sleepy village .

Xxx

• Posted

Hi Steff...that would be hard. When I feel anxious and home alone its easy to feel worse as your mind escalates everything. Sometimes its easier to work as it makes me get out and take my mind off the anxiety. I still have waves of panic sometimes but i get angry at it and think I am not giving into it. I know everyone talks about it but meditation really does help. I downloaded a couple of apps onto my phone. I had a really bad panic attack last week and it got me out of it. You are supposed to do it daily which I havent been doing. Give it a try. Take care x
    • Posted

I've been out today as hard as it is I still go , what is the app xxx.
    • Posted

HI steff...i like one called Relax lite. If you go to your playstore on your mobile just search free meditation relaxation apps. I like this one as it goes for 20mins and his voice is relaxing. It takes practice though as my mind goes a hundred miles an hour especially when I am anxious. I am trying to do it everyday...not just when I feel bad smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.