Help!!!!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi everyone, after blood tests my GP has informed me that my ovaries have shut down and I'm now fully menopausal. I'm 46 and feeling dreadful and hope someone can give me some help and tell me if what I am experiencing is normal. My main symptoms are: severe lightheadedness, dizziness, strange (metallic) taste in mouth, blurred vision, feelings of being off balance, anxiety and generally feeling 'out of body', lack of concentration. The GP has suggested HRT but not for at least two weeks as my blood pressure is too high (has put me on meds for this) and needs it to stablise first. I've no reason to be depressed or anxious but I'm worried I'll never be 'me' again.

Many thanks, Debs

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Deborah yes these symptoms are what we are experiencing and there so horrible, it makes you feel like your not you any more and it doesn't matter how much to talk to people they don't understand unless they are going through it them selves. I was desperate to talk to some one who was going  through the same as me as I thought I was going mad, I have dizzy spells also feel off balance can't consentrate at all and have crying spells and mood swings I even lose my temper and through things, so I realy no how you feel, and realy feel sorry for you. I been put on hrt today so hope this helps me, I'm sure once your  blood pressure is back to normal you will get some hrt, hang on in there, we will both get there. Here to talk if you need some one.x
    • Posted

Hi Sharon

fantastic news. All's good and hopefully the HRT will be the start of you feeling better. I have everything crossed for you Lv. Pleases let me know how it goes. I'm ok but tired again. Think I've done a bit to much this week- been out for a few hours every day, this coupled with the non existent sleep means I am now exhausted!! I'm having an early night tonight so hopefully sleep will not evade me. 

Please keep in touch I really would love to hear that you are picking up. I'm hear if you need an ear. Take care & try & enjoy the bank holiday. Duvet day for me tomorrow! 

• Posted

Hi Hun yes I will keep in touch and I think a duvet day sounds good, yes treat your self duvet and a good film and nibbles. I hope you get some sleep I know how hard sleep is, just as I'm in a nice sleep along comes a hot flush and wakes me up. Have a good Easter and I'm here if you need an ear too Hun. X
    • Posted

Well as you can see from my time of posting sleep HAS evaded me. 2nd time I've been up tonight. Thank goodness I'm not planning on doing anything tomorrow. How are we supposed to function as normal humans when we are like this  I'll think of you whilst I'm snuggled under duvet tomorrow. 
  • Posted

Hi Debs, I just saw your post, hope you are feeling better, i have been going through just the same, i find it gets better and then returns, I just wanted to share my expirience with you, I had HRT patches, they made my head aches MUCH worse,  I just could not use them,so I went back to the GP, she gave me Vagifem pessaries, and and I also take fish oil and oil of evening Primrose 1000 mg of each daily, I feel SO MUCH better, the estrogen in the vagifem seems to be just enough and the fish oil and evening primrose make my skin look better as well. I had terrible depression too, my life is blessed and I really have no reason to feel this way, the doctor tried to talk me into takeing an anti depresant that also helps with night sweats, I chose not to and I hope I dont have to. If your still having trouble you could try the vagifem and the fish oil and evening primrose, give it 2 weeks to really kick in,all my love to you and all of our girl friends out there who are going through this hell xx jill
  • Posted

Well I have been just recently been putting 2 and 2 together and figured out all the body changes I have been experiencing have to do with hormones....Thanks to forums such as this, it gives me hope that this will not go on forever! I am 49 years old and still get my period every month like clock work. I have been expereincing heavier periods and flooding. OMG that part is embarrasing . The last two months I have had "accidents at work" where I had to go change(left work). Here is a bit of what I have been experiencing. Please help!

-hot flashes/hot flushing mostly at night.

Anxiety (never expereinced this before....wholly crap its bad!)

Extreme insomnia(15 hrs at a time if I'm lucky)

Unbelieveable fatique(all I want to do is sleep....but can't)

Gloomy disposition( I'm ususally so up beat and happy)

"foggy head", not ":with it" feeling.

Lack of ambition to do anything or go anywhere. (not at all like me)

Frequent urination

My interest in sex and my sex drive is still in tact, thank goodness!

Oh my word if you have any advice on how to deal with these debilitating symptoms please share.

The first 3 symptoms on my list are the worst. If I could get a handle on that I think I would be ok for the most part. But I was beginning to think that this was it for my quality of life, that I was sick or something.

I just want some advice on how to cope with certain symtoms without having to go on  HRT. It seems that if you are going to go that route your best just ot stay on it. Because if you stop your going to go through it eventually.

My mom had a complete hystorectomy at 32 years old, and was put on HRT then. She is now 69 and still on it. From my understanding if she was to stop she would pretty much start suffering from all these wonderful symptoms. She said she's fine with taking her pills everyday. She said it makes her a nicer person to be around...lol....thanks Mom.

• Posted

I am 47 and have all of the above. I am so miserable and just want to cry when I have this off balance symptom which also brings on anxiety. I am finding it hard to remember things at work! My doctor just changed my high BP meds and nothing changed but now is high now ugh I am ao sick of this!

What can we do to alleviated these symptoms?

• Posted

I know this is an old thread, however it has helped me immensely.  I went on fertility drugs at a ripe old age of 47 after a failed adoption attempt.  The drugs threw me into perimenapause.  My menstration stopped this month and I'm having over the top aniexty, dizziness and a metallic taste in my mouth.  I feel bad for my husband because every night he comes home I have a different symptom.  I was starting to think I had a strange disease until I found this thread.  So thanks and I'll be making an appointment with my doctor soon.

• Posted

Hi Deborah

Same here I had those symptoms and many more and explain ones

The Anxiety is what bothers me the most trying to leave the house and do my shopping,minute I arrive meno comes into my head I grab things and out tired of it

People say you come back to yourself I really hope for the sake of us all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.