Help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

i realise this forum is universal,and appreciated all the advice,which included going to my GP well he gave me a leaflet for Gateway,I am in Midlothian Scotland,so went to the clinic Gateway for addictions,and she said they don't give out pills to help alcohol problems,doesn't know about Sinclair method,and I just in the wrong country? Obviously drinking half bottle vodka a day,the money I spend on that,I don't mind paying for naltrexone.Now I am waiting for referral to ELCA who also don't recognise any pills to curb alcohol intake.I am very confused.There has been offers of acupuncture to help!

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Angela. I'm sorry I've not got involved in this discussion. There are so many new discussions and sometimes it becomes like a full time job. Plus if you do Facebook too well, you may as well give up on any kind of normal life!!

My advice, just try everything and anything offered. If you don't like what happens or what people say, there is always something said that helps or someone that is  maybe like you and you just click and help each other. 

I had acupuncture and intend to have that again( if nothing,,as Joanna said, it sits you down for half an hour( without alcohol) and time to reflect, peace and maybe motivate. I intend to go this week along side counselling. I've asked for just half an hour with counselling, as 1 hour is too much for me. 

None of these things can stop us from drinking, but they help give us some purpose, hope and focus. 

Keep going. Please never give up trying to find your solution x

• Posted

Thank you for your kind comments,paper fairy,and for taking the time to message me,I am overwhelmed at the kindness and support and effort everyone has put in to help me,I was travelling all day yesterday so still finding messages.I am back on Mull,very remote part,but when I go back to Midlothian on 24th,I have a lot of phoning to do.x
  • Posted

Hello Angela,

I'm sorry that I have not commented, sooner.  Sometimes, I am just too wrapped up in my own rubbish.

I am in the West of Scotland.  I am very fortunate in having the same G.P. for 35 years.  When it all goes " horribly wrong", he just gets out 'the book', then he updates me on the 'treatments'.  That is how I came to be prescribed Selincro/Nalmefene.  

I am truly blessed by these circumstances.  My heart breaks when I read of the experiences of others, trying to get medical help.

I wish you WELL.

Blessings,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hi Alonangel,thank you for your message,the truth is,I am at my mums just now,she passed away in March,and I am back and forward to her home where I stayed a year caring for her,I actually live in West Scotland to,on Isle of Mull.I have taken mum,s death bad,and don't want my own kids to feel like me,taken by alcohol( mum smoked all her life and got lung cancer
    • Posted

I'm sorry for your loss, Angela. I lost my parents a couple of years ago and even though they'd been sick for some time, while I thought I was going to be prepared for it, I wasn't. It takes you through some changes and there's just no way around it. Be good to yourself and I hope you heal soon.

Were you able to find the information that Joanna sent? If not, I think I can help you with that.

• Posted

Sorry about your parents,it's so awful to lose them,and no wonder some of us take to drink,though that's not my excuse.I haven't got access to Joanne,s links,not very clever with my iPad.
    • Posted

HI Angela,

I hope you are ok, today.  Just try to stay as positive as you can... it is not easy.  Check out the treatment options where you will be living, your home area.  Does the island community have good care? Do you have to go to mainland? 

I have no idea about Alcohol Problems Help Services... I won't go !

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Angela,

Please google C Three Europe.

At the top of the page there is a contact button.  If that does not show on your iPad, then there is another button on the left hand side menu.

Click that and it gives you my email address.  Please email me and I will copy the reply I sent you on here, direct to your email.

Joanna.

• Posted

Hi Joannna,unfortunately,I can't send emails,I have to wait for my son or daughter to visit,to help me with this problem,thank you so much for trying your best to help and I will contact you when I can.x
    • Posted

Thank you so much Adefree that did indeed work.Dr Chick should be easy enough to find.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.