Help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I don't know what I'm doing! My partner drinks 1/2-3/4's of a 1L of vodka every night..in the 2 and a buy years I have known him he has only had a few nights with no alcohol and that's because of fighting about it. Sometimes he also drinks a big bottle of cider or a full 1.5L of port aswell as the vodka...he is in denial when sober and we have gotten to the point that tonight I have told him we are sleeping in different rooms until he makes a change because I have just gotten so exhausted with his tossing and turning, talking, yelling in his sleep and smell!!! I don't know what I'm doing.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sry,

I wrote a post that needed to be moderated? I think I said, one curse word in the post.

What does he mean to you? First, if he's so drunk, he can't augment your family, put him on notice. I can't operate like this anymore! I love you, but things really need to change.

You can't just sit around, waiting for a change! You need to make them understand! You will leave? We can do this together, I'm mad!!!!

• Posted

I have tried everything. I did leave once and he told me that if I left him the next time I would see him he would be in a coffin and that everyone would know it was my fault. Because he is a high functioning alcoholic people during the day don't even know it....his Mother is a recovered alcoholic who knows of his drinking and just keeps saying "just stop" his brother is an alcoholic who just laughs with him. I can't break out family up because of alcohol... I know there is a way out I just need to find it without breaking it up

• Posted

I think he is the father of her child and her partner.

I don't think the OP wants to walk, I think she wants to find a solution.

I feel you need to think before you post.

• Posted

You are correct in all you just said.

Thank you

• Posted

Mike that is far easier said than done. The op isn't considering leaving her partner and splitting up her family. She is asking for advice and suggestions of how best to deal with her situation 

• Posted

Absolutely right... I come from a broken family so I do not want the same for mine. I know this can be beaten it's just trying to work out how

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.