HELP 19 years old with complex cyst and scared it’s ovarian cancer

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey everyone. I am 19 years old and on August 1st i found out i have a complex ovarian cyst 4.3 x 3.7 x 3.8 cm  on my left ovary. The doctor decided to check back in 8 weeks. However, my symptoms have gotten worse as i have nausea and loss of appetite which makes me not wanna eat and result I’ve lost a lot of weight. I also feel full quickly when eating small meals. I’ve been feeling really really tired and i have no energy to do the same things i used to love. I also have inconsistent pain in my pelvis and legs (thighs). I also have the urgency to urinate frequently. I am worried i have ovarian cancer but no one seems to take me seriously. I’ve always had irregular periods  which would come every 4/5 months (even now). I have my first gyno appointment next week. How did you first find out you had cancer? Did it start off with a complex cyst? Does anyone have the same symptoms? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had all the blood tests all came back negative. Had right ovary and 15lbs cyst removed. A sample was sent to the lab and it turned out to be cancerous. I am very lucky I need no further treatment as it was contained and the surgeon did not spill any of the contents on removal. I do however have to have regular scans and follow ups for the number of years. So blood tests are not always clear indicators.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.