help

Posted , 5 users are following.

well went back to doctors today got weighed and surprise surprise weight still the same , docs says he doesn't know what else to suggest, was thinking of doing more gym work already go every morning was thinking of doing afternoons as well what do you think

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yes i think you are right i really need to re evaluate and have a look at the full fat content!!

oh well so today so far i have had

2 weetabix skimmed milk 1 sugar

coffee skimmed milk 1 sugar

an apple

a banana

two plums

a litre of water

my shake

crisps.....oooops ....guess i will cut them out.

and a second coffee skimmed milk 1 sugar

so thats 15.5g of fat ......that are countable what about the fruit is all that ok?

so i have a max of 14g of fat allowance left for my tea..... what do you recommend?

• Posted

yes its total fat to look at, not sat fat.

you dont need to cut out crisps - just eat ones which are lower fat i.e sainsburys bgtys range, weightwatchers range, walkers baked, snack a jacks

14g left for dinner sounds good, its plenty and you could have a variety of chicken, fish (not salmon), lean meat grilled type dishes, jacket potato, soups etc (trying to think of non-pasta/rice options), stir fry - using low fat/low cal spray not oil.

like gottodoit i love my carbs which i feel gives more options but we cant help what we like/dislike!

• Posted

Hey,

Ive just found this site - seems good for quick searches for normal foods you don't know the fat content of fruit - but as not member it won't let me post it - but it also won't let me register.

But the sites nutritiondata . com (will it let me get away with typing that))

Apples, plums etc seem fine on that!

So you are fine so far!

For tea - I'm really bad if not planned meals - so for last few months (started hen did SW) I order shopping online - as stops me picking things up as walk around shops - saving money and me bad foods lol. So I tend to buy similar main ingrediants each week. Maybe you could try it? Or write your list and then go shops - I tried that and still spend £40 extra that weeks shopping!!!!

for tea - depends what you have in - if you like fish - try fresh haddock or something similar with low fat - NOT SALMON lol. Or chicken breast, or low fat pork loin - found one in sainsburys - be good to yourself which was the lowest fat content (no fat around edges lol) Make sure chicken has not skin on, and no fat on any meat.

For your chrisps - how about change the make

See

site called caloriecount and put in walkers french fries

I love salt and vinegar french fries and on SW they were about most healthly - and seems they are not too bad as less than 4g of fat a bag. Maybe have them if lunch is fat free, so not wasting all your fat allowance on lunch - as say you had 4g for breakie, and 15g for lunch, your already 20g almost. So only 10g left for dinner!???

• Posted

haha thanks

do you know what i wouldnt mind but i have never eaten crisps as a rule!!!

right well i will go and raid my freezer then i think i will make a menu for the week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.