HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day 4...another bad night, did sleep but still not very much and still doing odd stretchy yawny thing, so felt really awful today, So tired now, but its more then that, I feel ill and flu like and odd . It seems to go in waves, really bad for a while and then better. Equally my moods go up and down (I am not a moody person ) seem to feel optimistic and strong about Selincro and then so ill not sure if I can carry on. Definately drinking tons less then usual, but is that partly because I fell so crap physically ? I wish I had a definative time frame, in that ,if I knew for sure that feeling this crap would end in 2 weeks, I could stick it out, as I know I must. The irony is that I felt like I had a crashing hangover today !! HELP.....

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi boo,

Are you doing all right, just checking in on you.

Myself I had two day's of non drinking, the second one without t

• Posted

Hmm, forum is reacting a bit weird today.

I'll continue here.

Yesterday I had my second day of no drinking.

This was the first day, I din't take selingro aswell.

Things went fine.

Are you coping today,

I hope so,

All the best buddy,

Escar

• Posted

Hi...Wow two days of no drinking . Thats so good. I am actually really enjoying a drink at the moment, third one of the evenimg. The difference is....OMG, quite happy to stop now. ! week , 2 days and a really good result, Trouble is my sleeping is still very bad and I feel physically very up and down . I think its slowly getting better.Still not told any of my freinds or family about what I am doing...somehow want to keep this private until I really really sucseeed.

Escar, are you a man or a snail HA HA xx

• Posted

Great to hear the good results.

I wouldn't be to much worry'd about the restlessnes, also this wil wear off.

After day 10-12 you'll realy start to know the diverence.

And ehh let's say, I'm a every now and then :-)

Good luck

Slimeball

• Posted

Hi, I just had 2 nights of fairly good sleep ! Don't know whats changed but I am so happy to feel somewhat normal again. Also I can enjoy the reality of how much less I am drinking. One thing I am really suffering with is my tummy. I normally take Omeprazole every day, but it says that it might make the selicro less affective, so I am scared to try. Am taking Zantac but does not help very much. Has anyone on here taken Omeprazole with Selincro and found it made no difference to how well it worked? ! 1 week 4 days of my new life....fingers crossed nothing goes wrong. I still have'nt told anyone yet as a part of me is waiting for the bubble to burst !
    • Posted

Hahaha, you went trough it, the first 14 day's, fantastic.

The bubble to burst, thats how I still feel.

This great grey mass inside my head, still keeps on telling me, there has to be alcohol in the house, even when I'm not drinking it.

Weel, I just see itt like this, my mind is trying to trick me out of this, so I tell it to stop tricking me.

I'm quite sure, It will find another sneaky way to fool me, we alcohollics are so inventfull, youll be surprised  :-)

Keep it up bro, you're trough the most difficult periode of tile, think it's time to leafe the booze for a day or so, but, your the manager, scripwriter and director of your own life, first things first and easy dioes it.

Good luck,

Escar

• Posted

Hi, Well only 1 week 4 days in actually. But my drinking has gone from 1 half bottles of wine a night (often more) to 3 glasses, which was my ultimate goal in a few months, so it's happened really quickly ! I am not trying to have any af days at the moment, if it happens later, on thats fine but I am not stressing about it. It does say it takes a coulple of months for this to happen.

How are you feeling ?

Bye the way I am not bro...as I am a woman. You can still call me bro tho LOL !

• Posted

I would ask your GP if you can be prescribed an alternative to Omeprazole. Zantac is one and you are already using that, but there are others. The other thing to consider is that alcohol increases the problem that Omeprazole is designed to relieve so, as your drinking decreases, you may find that your stomach feels better.

I'm pleased to hear that the Selincro side-effects are subsiding now.

• Posted

Great boo, I feel fantastic.

Just a few beers ehhh 3 of them and a wonderfull evening.

I read some beatifull messages on this forum, and most of them where heartwarming.

I love it, to read the good results of others, It feels to me this forum becomes a part of my life.

Well, Tired as I am now, I wish you sweet dreams.

Good night,

Escar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.