help

Posted , 10 users are following.

i suffer from asthma allergic rhinitis sinus and hayfever i get thick see throgh phelm like cling film back of my thoat and down my nose make you feel sick really bad ears also post nasal drip i do neil med nose rinse and fixnase spray but still got it bad it start in feb end september ever year any help please and you get same symtoms as me if so pl,ease put my mine and rest and tell me what you used got a little girl and this is ruin my life want to be the perfect dad

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi David

Please read my recent posts regarding Evening Primrose Oil. It is a wonder cure for hay fever, rhinitis, and sinusitis, and possibly for asthma

It desensitises the nervous system, so that the body does not react to normal irritants. 

It takes about 4 hours to work, and lasts for a further 24 hours, so one 1000 mg capsule daily is normally adequate.

Try this treatment and see the immediate benefits. 

It is always advisable to avoid known irritants such as cigarette smoking and M S G, as these can cause immense problems.

Kind regards Ray.

• Posted

Hi Raymond just read your post about evening primrose oil.  I'm an asthma chronic sinusitis sufferer for almost 30 years and I'm known as the "woman with irritating sinusitis" in my place.  It's a 365 days, 24 hours allergy.  Just like all other people here, I have tried doctor's prescription, herbalist advice, friends' recommendations and even my own research.  I will try primrose and will update you it's effect to me.

• Posted

I hear u I also suffer everyday all day. I have tried evening primrose but I have not found relief from that supplement.  heres hoping u DO
  • Posted

Hi David, it sounds as though you're in the UK too.  If you feel that bad get your GP to write a prescription for a 20 day reducing course of Prednisolone Steroid tablets.  I suffer with everything you do too and it's miseable.  I could cope with everything else, but when it comes to having constant blocked ears is absolutley awful and no one understands how bad it make us all feel unless they suffer.  So many of us on this Forum suffer Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.  Doctors don't like prescribed these tablets, however, if they are quick courses and used no more than perhaps every other year, I'm sure you'll be fine.  In the 80's I had to be on a weeks course (not long enough for blocked ears though) to control my asthma and they did the trick, just as they have this time for me.....no blocked ears, no sinus issues, no sinus headaches and I even have my smell and taste back (at the moment) something that I lost 30yrs ago, due to all the inflammation, all inflammation gone right now.  Try not to let it get you down as so many of us in this Forum have the same as you.   Easy for me to say at the moment when everything is fine, but when it all builds back up again and the steroids are  out of my system, I will feel just like you.  However, to get a few months relief from this dreadful problem, in my opinion they are the best thing ever.  It's when you have to take them all the time for years, one could run into problems from their side affects.

All the best

Anne

• Posted

Hello, Yes, sadly the steroids do make us gain weight, also cause insomnia.

I gained only 3Ibs, but it's hard getting it off as we get older unless we starve 

ourselves.

Have they improved your ears ?  I took them in April and been fine ever since,

except for the odd day here and there, that when I use the Fixonase Nasule

Drops, gently pop ears and they stay open.

I guess gaining a few pounds is better than blocked ears.  I've also managed

to keep my smell and taste so far....usually that goes again once steroids are

out of my system.

Let me know how you are....I'm in UK too.

Anne

• Posted

hi david.

cinnamon+turmeric.i took this and find help much better than all antihistamine drugs.

also Evening Primrose Oil help too.

• Posted

Hi David

As you ask, I will give you the story regarding Evening Primrose Oil.

It was a chilly autumn day, and I was standing outside the church, when I noticed a mate without warm clothing. I asked him why and he explained. He did not feel the cold now as he was taking Salmon Oil and Evening Primrose Oil.

A few weeks later I was in the supermarket and noticed Evening Primrose and decided to give it a try.

Wow, it was a miracle cure for for my chronic sinusitis of 50 years. No more sinus tablets, nasal sprays, antihistamines, nose drops, inhalants, and analgesics.

Now I spread the word at every opportunity, in order to help other sufferes and give them the benefit of my experience.

I trust you will get the same benefit as I have and no longer suffer from this problem.

Regards Ray.

• Posted

I too am trying Oil of Primrose after reading your post ages ago Raymond.  I have recently finished a course of Prednisolone and I will only know once they are out of my system whether in fact the oil of primrose will work for me too.  Very old remedy I took when I was younger to help with PMT.  Would be just absolutely wonderful if it works for eustachian tube dysfunction too.  At present after taking the steroid tablets I feel wonderful.  No sinus, no blocked ears and smell and taste has returned too, something I haven't has for years and years.  So just goes to show how much inflammation I had.

Thanks for advise and truly hope it works for my ears.

Anne

• Posted

Hi Raymond,

Have been reading with interest your story on Evening Primrose Oil as I suffer sinus, ear, stuffy nose and ears etc so raced out and purchased a large bottle of the 1000mg capsules. How long do these take to work, in your opinion? As with most vitamins and supplements, I'm thinking a week or 2??

• Posted

Hi  Anne

I am not sure that Evening Primrose Oil will help ear problems, but it will reduce any allergic reaction that may be causing the problem.

It is worth a try, and it will be generally helpful anyway.

I find I need to use ear drops such as Ceremol or Clear Ears for wax buildup, but this may be a different problem to yours. 

We can only hope for success, and the trial is quite inexpensive.

Regards Ray.

• Posted

Definitely not wax in my case and wish it were, as would be so much easier to get rid of.  Mucus is totally a different thing.  Now I've bought them I will continue to take them and just see.

Thanks for that information though

Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.