help

Posted , 10 users are following.

i suffer from asthma allergic rhinitis sinus and hayfever i get thick see throgh phelm like cling film back of my thoat and down my nose make you feel sick really bad ears also post nasal drip i do neil med nose rinse and fixnase spray but still got it bad it start in feb end september ever year any help please and you get same symtoms as me if so pl,ease put my mine and rest and tell me what you used got a little girl and this is ruin my life want to be the perfect dad

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Anne

I now believe your cure will be Evening Primros Oil, as the mucus is probably caused by an allergy problem.

Let me know when you haven it a good trial.

Regards Ray.

• Posted

Hi  margy

I find that the 1000 mg Evening Primrose Oil capsules work in about 4 hours, and continue to work for a further 24 hours so one capsule each day is usually effective.

However, it worth trying them for a couple of weeks if you do not get this immediate benefit. Evening Primrose Oil desensitises the nervous system, so that the body does not react to normal irritants, so they are of benefit to anyone suffering from an allergic complaint.

Give this treatment a good trial, and see the benefits.

Regards Ray.

• Posted

Thanks Ray,

I appreciate any help at this point as I've exhausted most other avenues, antibiotics 5 courses in last 3 months), 1 week course steroids, cortisone nasal spray, antihistamine nasal spray, oral antihistamine, garlic tabs, heat packs, Panadol, ibuprofen, nasal rinses, steam inhalations and saline spray. All of it helps albeit temporarily. I've been off all nasal sprays and irrigations, except for saline spray for nearly 4 weeks and am now too scared and too tired to try much else.

Will give this a go. Took capsules about an hour and a half ago. It's a cheap treatment to try compared to the money I've spent on everything else!

Cheers, Margy

• Posted

Not really, I think they've helped with maybe the allergic response side of things but am still suffering sinus congestion and Eustachian Tube Dysfunction big time. I'm still taking 2 x 1000mg capsules per day and my naturopath now has me on Chinese herbal tabs x 52 a day. And am having acupuncture once a week. I'm seeing a chiro tomorrow to have my neck put back in, probably a side effect to sleeping in my back for the last month (and getting very little sleep). Hope they may work for you xx

• Posted

Many thanks for your response. It's really frustrating that so many people are suffering from this ailment yet on all the forums I've been no one is yet to find a cure that last. I am at my wits end as mine comes with bad breath too.

I have tried acupunture in the past and seen a chinese herbalist. The herbs they gave me to biol and drink helped me expell a lot of mucus but it did not stop it altogether. Hope you have better luck with yours xx

• Posted

Let me know about the chiro I have heard they can help with drainage. I am also going to make an appointment with a chiro tomorrow
  • Posted

hi.

do you test Turmuric?

just Turmuric help me.

• Posted

sorry.my mean is Turmeric.

Turmeric has been used in Asia for thousands of years and is a major part of Ayurveda, Siddha medicine, Unani, and traditional Chinese medicine.

• Posted

Hi Margy

Thanks for trying Evening Primrose Oil.

It appears you have multiple problems, so one cure is not enough.

I found my sinusitis was caused by many problems, including allergy to kapok, plant pollens, foods and food additives, cigarette smoking, high humidity and weather changes, as well as other things.

Evening Primrose Oil cured the main allergy problems, but I still avoid particular foods such as nitrates and additives such as M S G. Also I found cigarette smoking to be very detrimental and often difficult to avoid when using public transport.

I moved to a drier climate to avoid continual problems with high humidity.

Now I enjoy a sinus free life, so I am very thankful.

I hope you find a successful cure for your problems.

Regards Ray.

• Posted

Hi,

I originally posted the following on the thread started by Garnet888; it might be relevant to your problem, if nothing else it may give you pause to consider a wider scenario:

Hi,

I am now a crinkly who has had similar allergy/intolerance issues for more than 50 years. My allergy history may be of interest ...

Around pubity I started to suffer with 'hayfever' - that is unpleasant reactions to pollen, especially from grasses - which made me repeatedly sneeeze hard (until my nose would bleed), made me wheezy and caused me sweat (fever). Year on year this became worse and extended beyond the main pollen season. By mid teens I stayed indoors for much of the summers - sometimes staying in bed beacuse the symptoms were so debilitating. Being somewhat distracted I messed up academic exams.

Before 'A' levels I sought help from the NHS who tried somewhat crudely to test me for allegens. Mostly the test allergen spots put onto my skin caused large wheals that all blended together. No progress was made. Life continued its downward slide!

Getting to and through College was a trauma. By this time I learnt to love alcohol and the deterioration spiralled. Allergic rhinitis/sinusitis became common place .... you'll be getting the picture?

In work I had a colleague with similar problems and no positive outcome from NHS treatments who pestered me for possibly two years to visit a particular homeopath ( not a quack but a 'proper' doctor doing medical research) based in Southampton but also who practiced at Harley Street - which, at the time, was easily accessible to me. Eventually, very sceptical, I attended the London clinic. It was the best thing I ever did for my general well being!! 

Afer a lot of discussion, a strange and slightly primitive looking electrical aparatus was physically connected to me and comparison made with dozens of material sample slides that were slotted into the machine. Within half an hour the doctor had identified a number of common foodstuffs to which I AM intolerant or allergic. I left with strict diatary exclusion orders that I stuck with for about two months before returning for another consultation. By this time life had taken a very different turn - no headaches, the sinuses were clear, my breathing was so good I could run again, my skin was clear; my mood was very much more bouyant. I was almost a new person!

FOR ME the primary exclusions were processed sugars and related dairy produce (lactose has similar effects and is a very common allergen) plus to a lesser effect coffee, chicken, corn ... and the list goes on.

I lived with my total exclusions for 35 years and enjoyed a very healthy life.

Following early retirement from a successful career I decided that I should be able to re-introduce and control alcohol and sweet puddings. To begin I allowed ten pints of beer in the first year. This gradualy slid to the point that I have been drinking two pints a week and regular puddings, still a relatively small amount, that has made some of the allergy symptoms return with a vengeance. I have sneezing fits, almost continual headaches, problems with my eyes. I recently frightened myself when, with pint in hand, I went into an almost hypnotic state and started insulting a good friend - totally lost it!

I am now back on my exclusions diet going through detoxification.

THE DOCTOR WHO SO IMPROVED MY LIFE ARGUED THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE ALLERGIES OR INTOLERANCES. SOME PEOPLE ARE LESS TOLERANT OF ALLERGENS AND PEOPLE REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THE VARIOUS POSSIBLE ALLERGENS.

THE MAJORITY OF ALLERGENS TAKEN INTO THE BODY ARE PART OF FOOSTUFFS. iF THE FOODSTUFF ALLEGENS ARE ELIMINATED IT REDUCES THE LIKELYHOOD OF UNCONTROLLABLE ALLERGENS, SUCH AS THOSE IN THE AIR, CAUSING A SENSITIVE PERSON TO HAVE AN ADVERSE REACTION AND CONSEQUENT DETERIORATED HEALTH.

!!GET TESTED FOR FOOD ALLERGIES AND INTOLERANCES!!

Best wishes from an old but experienced fart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.