Help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all firstly I'm glad to have found a chat forum for Prozac . I'm on day 4 now and the side effects are insane . Yesterday was the worst yet , I'm not eating and have very bad diarrhoea. I'm also on quetiapine aswell , I was taking sertraline but that didn't agree with me so the doctor put me on flu . I'm trying so hard to get better , I live in my bedroom and struggling to go outside . I know it's not an instant fix but can someone give me a ruff timetable on side effects and when I should be feeling better . Thank you all 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry joe, but way, way to early for this med to be working for you, and I understand 100% how you feel, me and every one eles have gone through this stage, and for at least the first 14/21 days it can turn you inside out, and your depression does get worse, then you will have a slow turning point, good days, as well as bad days to start with, it’s such a slow working med, it tuk ME ( that’s not every one) at least 3mths to level it self out, then I went up to 60mg and it’s been 5mth since being on Prozac, the depression as gone, which is a god send, and I feel great, but a lot of people stick on 20mg and works, just stick with it, take each day as it comes, try not to give up, as it’s a good med when it kicks in.. just time is what you need.. good luck, and I do hope you do well, keep in touch on how you are doing. Big hug🤗

• Posted

Thank you dawn for your reply and advice , I guess I'm just feeling very alone when dealing with this . I'm so glad to talk to real people who suffer with this awful illness . I start countcilling next week to talk to someone . Thanks again dawn 

• Posted

Your more then welcome, I live on my own as well, I think when you do, you tend to just want to hide under the cover, even when you’ve got friends, it seems you just can’t be bothered..

But in time you will feel so much better, just try and stick with it, just think each day will be a day closer to feeling good .. good luck, like all of us on Prozac you will get there. Hope the countcilling your going to have will help you through this stage big hug 🤗

• Posted

thank you dawn for your reply , I feel now with this page I can talk to others that suffer . I ask myself why me why me all the time , but I have faith to fight this , I have just taken my 5th pill hopefully another 25 and I'll be on track .... Thanks again dawn I appreciate your time X 

• Posted

Fingers crossed joe it will be sooner then that for you, our minds are a powerful thing, and unless your going through this, or been there it’s hard for people to understand how it is, you try to put a front on, but sooooo hard at times.. just remember all the time, tomorrow could just be that start to a happier life, when you turn that corner.. keep talking on here, there’s always some one to listen to you, big hug 🤗

• Posted

Thank you Dawn so much and yes tommoro is a new day and I'm grateful to speak to you and others and I'll definitely keep checking this forum for my guidance and help . X 

• Posted

Hi Joe, hang on in there. I’m on my own a lot and found the first few weeks incredibly hard as I was alone and the anxiety was so bad at times I thought I was dying. Told my parents and sister how I was feeling and my work have been amazing. Try and talk to people. It will get better xxx
    • Posted

Thank you Lucy , I appreciate your reply  . Having this illness is hard enough but having no one in your life makes it unbearable. All I wanna do is talk to people and cry my eyes out , but now I have found this place to talk to I feel not alone . Thanks again Lucy X 
    • Posted

It is so hard and you do question why me. I’ve always been so outspoken and outgoing and now I don’t want to do anything...... But my anxiety is getting more manageable. Please reach out on here and people will help and talk xxx
    • Posted

Same Lucy , I was outgoing to , this all started after my mum passed away 5 years ago , since then it's been a constant battle of pills and negative thoughts.  I hate it when people say pull it together, if it were that simple I'm sure we all wouldn't be in this mess . I also take quetiapine to relax me , do you know this pill ? Thanks again for your support X 

• Posted

I never taken more than a paracetamol so this is all new to me. No I’ve never heard of it. Xx
    • Posted

Oh ok , I was the same until recently . Was just wondering , the quetiapine calms me down within 30mins of taking it . But the flu is very new to me , stay in touch Lucy , we can share our journey together X 
  • Posted

Hi Joe and welcome. You have come to the right place for support, understanding and knowledge. Quite a few of us know each other and have helped each other over the past months. Dawn is right about everything she has said. Unfortunately this is a slow medication to get settled in your system but once it does it's great. My depression and anxiety got worse before it got better. Insomnia, shaking, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness and crying were some of my side effects. I never thought I would feel good again but it will happen. I was on here quite a lot in the beginning as I felt so alone and scared. This site and these people help me make it through the worst time in my life. Come here and share, chat or vent as much as you want. That's what we are here for. You are not alone and you do not have to be.  I also take quetiapine. I'm on 50mg am and pm. I myself have not found it to help but I know many others who swear by it. We are each different in chemistry and what will or won't work with us. I found doing word searches and walking  a help. Exercise is very helpful in coping with anxiety. 

Try and be patient and kind to yourself. I will check in everyday to help and chat if you need me.

Take care ??

• Posted

Thank you Laurie for your kind message and yes I'd love to talk more to all of you . I'm really struggling at the moment to hold it together. I've never been so low before. I didn't think it was possible to feel so bad . But talking to you guys is giving me hope . Thank you again  X 

• Posted

Good on you joe.. you are being positive and it’s that what will get you through, and talking to us lot as well, Laurie is right to say we are here for you, it was Laurie who contacted me when I first came on here, and after listening to what she said, I New there was hope for me to get through this, and I have feeling more happy then Iv been for a long time, so keep up the good work, and just keep in touch with us all, so we know your ok, as depression is one silent torment for us all, but you will do it and forget the bad days, so chin up, hope to here from you again on how you are big hug 🤗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.