Help

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all just been reading some of your lovely threads and I'm hoping you can help me I have been diagnosed with anxiety/depression and gp has prescribed citalopram 10mg I took it at night hoping to sleep through the side effects I got the sweating but I also got really fast hear rate aswell and this morning woke up and have been sick anyone else had this xxx

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for all your responses I really appreciate I am in a very anxious state at the minute and I have read somewhere that it will get worse before it gets better I have taken citalopram for depression before and they were brilliant but have never taken them for an anxiety and to be honest I was surprised by how many physical symptoms of anxiety there actually are I think depression was more emotional than physical I am struggling and the reassurance from you all has helped a little thank you 
  • Posted

is all side effects most people have been thru it, i was sweety first 2 weeks after that is gone stick with it dont let any of the symptoms scary u ,,, hope u get better soon!!
  • Posted

Well I made it through the day and to be honest it's been horrible so I took my cit at 9 last night and hadn't really eaten much in the day had the normal side effects feeling sick sweating and headache now I have forced myself to eat something (it was so difficult thought I was going throw up every time I had a mouth full) and again it wasn't much but more than yesterday do you think eating nachos properly may help with the side effects

• Posted

What ever comfort food you like that's whats good for your nausea..and anxiety..

• Posted

I had very bad nausea for first month lost 14lb but has been slowly getting better no more nausea but still don’t have much of an appetite!! Yes I think nachos or anything else that tempts you is good x x
  • Posted

Hi Edwardsamy today is Day 35 for me on 10mg citalopram the first 3 weeks was crazy I cut the pill in half which Dr. had me do cause the side affects were horrible I went back to 10 after 6 days at 1/2 and been at 10 since. I had the sweats and shakes and insomnia so bad. He gave me Ambien which I tried 1 night and slept on 5 hrs and was so foggy the next day which I didn’t like . I do take .25 Xanax to help me sleep which is about 4-6 hrs a night. I do take the citalopram in the morning with food. I stopped caffeine which helped me with the jitters/shakes or maybe the symptoms were subsiding. I’m much better but still have problems sleeping. Do meditation with breathing and walk during the day for exercise. Just stay with it. We are all here to help you. 
  • Posted

They are just side effects and they will pass

Try find my thread Sucess on Citalopram...lots of comments on there and encouragement 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.