Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on lexapro for 3 days now and when im laying in bed my heart rate gets to about 55 has anyone experienced this before my breathing seems normal until i panic.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

it is normal. The beginning side effects are terrible. It does get better. Depending on your dose you may be able to go down a little. I started on 5mg. I then went up to 10. It was to much. I went back down to 5mg for another week before going back to the 10.

• Posted

i obvs dont know what your normal resting heart rate is but this isnt dangerously low. Mine is 50 (i am physically fit). did you know your heart rate before this? as if not then this is probably just your resting heart rate!

• Posted

Hi Mike,

Yes unfortunately its one of the side effects.

you may experience even more such as heightened anxiety, chest tightness and loss of emotions and more.

You also may NOT experience any of these things. I only mention it so that if it does happen you don't panic like i did.

Also these side effects can last a very long time or they can go away in a few days if Your lucky!

avoid searching the internet for forums they tend to scare you.

There are a few of us on here that are currently all going through this together and are being one anothers support.

This medicine is supposed to be one of the best but it can get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

Hang in there and lean on us for support!!

• Posted

i know how scary this is Mike.

I am going through it too many of us are.

Have you tried breathing exercises? They really help. I just finished a 30 minute cry session because I am so over these damn side effects.

mindful meditation and sound cloud have some great calming tracks as does i sight timer.

I don't know your general health but if you feel that worried call your dr hon.

Your going to be ok but it honestly does get worse before better unfortunately.

• Posted

i finally got ahold of my psych he didnt seem to worried he said my low resting heart rate is normal but it all goes away when i take one of my temazepam sleeping pills because it got to bad. im tired of the headaches and dizzyness and the shortness of breath due to increase panic and anxiety my whole body just hurts. i try but my mind doesnt let me...

• Posted

i completely and utterly understand. I am going through the exact same thing right now.

Its been 7 weeks for me but i swapped meds like a fool half way through. Just know we are all here for you should the symptoms get worse because they may and then again the may not. Everyone is different.

We are all in this together!

• Posted

oh they are already bad can barely get out of bed because of it. thank you so much

• Posted

if you have trouble sleeping try "CALM SLEEP"' I got it at vitamin world. It is the ONLY way i can sleep and its not a drug

• Posted

Nope mot at all.

My Dr is the one who told me about it. It's great!

Puts me to sleep within 15 minutes. I usually sleep through the night but tonight I woke up. Actually going right back to sleep now.

• Posted

HI Mike, This common when starting lexapro.I was started on 10mg then went to 15mg for a few weeks and then to 20mg. It seems that this dose is working but it takes a few weeks. My psych gave me klonopin for sleep .25mg and .125 mg in the morning. This seems to be working ,but also breathing techniques and exercise makes a big difference.Keep us posted and God Bless.

• Posted

i have to wait till the 4th to get my ativan so im going to try and take this at night and possibly lower my dose until i get used to it i think starting out on 20mg was to harsh

• Posted

starting at 20 is pretty high.

The dr will tell you it's not but it truly is!

I was telling another person on here that unless they (our Dr's) have gone through this and have been on it themselves they don't truly understand exactly what this crap that is supposed to help us truly does to us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.