Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on lexapro for 3 days now and when im laying in bed my heart rate gets to about 55 has anyone experienced this before my breathing seems normal until i panic.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Mike,

Its very uncommon that your doctor started you this medicine by 20mg. Did you ask him?

Is it your first time you're starting antidipressants? I had started by 5 mg and each week, raised 5mg up to 20mg in a month. The first month, he added a bit of benzo by the morning to stand the side effects, that also for me were awful without the benzo. I hope you'll be better now! Good luck!

• Posted

he didnt say why he put me so high but im going down to 10mg today also switching it to night time.

• Posted

I am not sure by night time, because they give energy...just if combined with something to help the sleep.

• Posted

Really? We are talking for the same medecine escitalopram?

So you can imagine how different is anyone from us to the reaction of the pills.

This pill is made for giving energy for this reason they say, that first, curs the dipression and far after the anxiety, Anyway, good day to everyone!!

• Posted

yep I wish it gave me energy but it doesn't sadly.

Everyones body chemistry is different this is true.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.