Help - Aging face!

Posted , 32 users are following.

My face has literally aged overnight! I look at myself and see an old woman now which I never used to.  I used to think I looked pretty good for 48 and people used to comment but not now, my son even said I looked 'not the best' when I spoke to him earlier.  Any tips please as desperately need them.  I used Decleor firming day cream and eye cream but my skin feels like I could wrap it round my head a couple of times there's so much of it and the lines I have under my eyes are reducing is :-( feeling quite low with it all xx

3 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Tracky, we are about the same age nd I felt same way as you.  One day I looked like 35, next, I looked and felt like 65!!!  It is because we FEEL awfull. Keep your skin moisturized, I do not think you need anything expensive, but you need to keep your skin moist, and a good eyedrop - dry eye is very common on this phase and causes puffy eyes making you look older, I posted it not far ago. When your hormons stabilize a little bit, and you FEEL better you are going to look pretty much as before.  XX
    • Posted

Greetings!  Bio-Oil is excellent for keeping your skin soft all day and all night.  It puts moisture back in your skin so gives you fresh colour to your face again.  I love it!!  Moisturizer has never, ever done as good as face oil does.  It sinks in instantly.  I am on my 2nd bottle.  I use it daytime and at bedtime.  I am done yapping heehee rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi bellarubia. What did you write previously about puffy eyes I started with this symptom this February and cannot understand why??  
    • Posted

Liz, everything gets dryer this time, skin, hair... Lol.  It is basically hormonal unbalance showing off. Dry eyes are very common in this phase too.  It is not a problem of the eye per se but of the ducts that produce the moisture and tears (sorry, do not know the technical words and explanations). Anyway, once those ducts get blocked, your lids get puff.  Help yourself with some eye drops, but go to your doctor, its always good to be checked. Some people will have it forever, some will not.  Some will have episodes of it.  Xx
    • Posted

I am buying it, thanks!  I use a moisturizer that I love and is cheap, but will not hurt to try.  Thanks.
    • Posted

Hi Bella rubia Gish this stage just gets better and better   Just think once we haunted the cosmetic counter when we were young and fresh couldn't wait to try lipstick and mascara followed by shopping all day Saturday with your girl friends before spending hours getting ready. Health worries never entered our minds as we danced the night away came in with the milk. Now it's amazon health store ir holland and Barrett's discussing what each pill can do and overflowing bathrooms with pills and creams and inserts. How our lives alter as we age knees and necks hands and face ahhh well slap the creams on we deserve it vitamin e oil is good for skin really improves wrinkly bits. Also exfoliating skin on face and hands makes dead skin cells go and skin look brighter. Overnight face mask is good neals yard also on knees why not. Keep smiling everyone. 
    • Posted

Yep, Liz, you are right.  Never thought I would be THIS OLD, lol.  Anyway, for a 13 y.o girl, even a 30ish lady is OLD.  When we reach 70,s we will say late 40's were soooo great, think of it.  

The point is NOT OBSESSIING about every wrinkle and every squeek, it is part of being alive.

Enjoy the ride, ladies, lol

• Posted

You are right dear.  I am even calling people dear.  My 93 year old mother does that.  waaaaaa

yup like you say there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.  Instead of fighting everything that's changing we should just go with the flow.  Everyone else is getting old too.  It's life! waaaa 💃💃

• Posted

I noticed today that even my knees are sagging. My legs are not fat but what was once the musle above the knee now seems to hang down over the top of the knee cap, is there no end to sagging.

I had a free sample in a magazine of Dove BB creme for hair this week, it is briliant. Gives a lovely shine and silky feel, only a few pounds so I've treated myself to a bottle.

• Posted

Yah it's sad...even my boobs sag now.  I could throw them over my shoulder waaaaaaaaa  redface cheesygrin
    • Posted

Not only that Dots it's the deep indentations on my shoulders from my bra caused by the heaviness of my boobs that bother me lol. 😉
    • Posted

I wear an underwire bra and that still doesn't lift mine up. I look so old now. I can see a cute outfit in the store,  but when I put it on it looks so old on me. 
    • Posted

cheesygrin all I can say is this old age crap is for the birds.  All of a sudden I am an old lady but but we have wisdom so there are wee pluses.  I also find I say things I wouldn't usually say before but it makes people smile.  I have more wisdom and guts.  cheesygrin  💜💙💛❤️
    • Posted

Xmas Greetings!  I used to wear underwire but they were wearing me down. haha cheesygrin  Now I have to go for comfort.  I wear those one piece excercise bras that are real comfortable and soft for my poor, delapitated boobies.  redface
  • Posted

Aging is unescapable  and everyone has to face it sooner or later, but what’s really important is to age elegantly . The first signs of aging appear as fine lines on our face. Here are a few simple home remedies everyone can try out at home to keep facial skin looking fresh, youthful and reduce the signs of aging

Coconut milk: Can help you get that glowing look of your skin. Take raw coconut and squeeze milk out of it or buy a whole coconut and take the milk of it. Apply this coconut milk on your face and it will give your facial skin a glowing effect.

Avocado mask: Avocado contains a lot of natural oil, as we age our skin become dry, avocado really helps to give you a young and fresh look because of its oily nature. Simply apply either the mash or slices of avocado on your face and your skin will get that rejuvenated look.

Milk: It is one of the gentlest and most effective substances for removing dead skin cells. Milk contains lactic acid; clinical studies have shown that lactic acid helps generate new skin cells. For fresh young complexion all you need to do is splash on a little milk each night after washing your face.

Raw potato: A simple and effective home remedy to remove marks and pigments on the facial skin. These can be removed by rubbing raw potato on areas having marks or pigments.

Home mask: Many of us suffer from pimples and blackheads and they really ruin facial appearance. A simple homemade facial mask for this is applying a mixture that’s made up of equal quantities of glycerin, lime juice and rose water on the skin before going to sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.