Help - Aging face!

Posted , 32 users are following.

My face has literally aged overnight! I look at myself and see an old woman now which I never used to.  I used to think I looked pretty good for 48 and people used to comment but not now, my son even said I looked 'not the best' when I spoke to him earlier.  Any tips please as desperately need them.  I used Decleor firming day cream and eye cream but my skin feels like I could wrap it round my head a couple of times there's so much of it and the lines I have under my eyes are reducing is :-( feeling quite low with it all xx

3 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Tracky,

I also feel I have this problem, probably more on my arms than face.  I started using  jojoba oil and I can see a improvement..Xxx

• Posted

I hear all of you!! I think its a combo of being depressed cuz you're getting older, and then lack of sleep from menopause, etc, and then dealing with the wrinkles as they come on....some days they are worse becasue of a bad nights' sleep. Then, you combine this with feeling bloated, breast tenderness, hormone issues,etc. and you look at yourself in the morning and aaaagh....

Also....ladies.....think of this..... can you not remember a subtle time in your life when the general public tends you treat you differently? I have really felt this. I used to be able to smile and get anytthing done from anyone....now...I'm an old lady and not well received. (I'm a friggin 55 years old!) But in the USA age, skin, body image is huge.... sad

Thats the bad news. The good news is Im in a healthy marriage with a normal guy who loves me and doens't buy into the body stuff. The moods with menopause, etc. have been a challenge, though.  He has reallly been perplexed and pushed to the wall. Thnks to 27 years of being together, he is still trying to understand and give me space. 

• Posted

Hi Tracky those oil treatments are great for wrinkles.  I was depressed and wondered what menopause was about because my family or doctor didn't have many comments.  I thought I was dying.  I came on here and so glad I did because I was told to get B vitamins in me.  They are good for menopause symptoms and I feel better.  I take B6 and B12 among some other vitamins.  Google information about them.  Interesting stuff.  Take care dear xxoo
    • Posted

You're so right. I also worry as my OH is 10 years younger and men generally age better so feel he'd be better with a younger model :-) he doesn't feel that way it's me but guess that bit of feeling down and looking older doesn't help. 
  • Posted

Wow ladies, what great and cost effective ideas. Will def try vaseline, vit e and bio oil. Every day I say I will not give in to this! Thanks for keeping me sane! X
  • Posted

file:///Users/rbonica/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2014/12/02/20141202-094713/DSC_0357.jpg
  • Posted

I can totally relate. My face and hands have aged in a year's time. I have a five year old and a one year old and people think I am their grandmother. It's depressing. I am only 40. After I had my daughter a year and a half ago,  I started going full force into the peri symptoms. I have sagging lines under my eyes and laugh lines at the sides of my mouth. My boobs sag. No matter what I do, I can't seem to gain weight. I have lost the natural fat and muscle tone in my body. I am extremely self conscious when I have to go out. When will I see the end of all of this?!
    • Posted

I've gained weight too and it's just something that I've never had to deal with its just horrible the whole lot of it! 
    • Posted

Yes, weight getting me done so much, nothing seems to budge it. Its almost as if you manage to cope with one thing when something else arrives to knock you back down. Had been reading threads where plantar fasciitis was mentioned, and bingo, sore heels this week. Could scream!  I always thought menopause was just some hot flushes, ha ha, thank goodness for the internet! X
    • Posted

I can relate.  I feel like a Christmas bulb.  😥. I can't eat stuff like I used too.  I feel bloated overnight if I eat some chips.  This too shall pass they say so I have to buy some granny pants in the meantime. waaaaa 
    • Posted

Ha ha! I just bought one of those body shapers, its like stuffing yourself into a vacuum pack bag. Still have the receipt, think Id rather endure the bulges!
    • Posted

Hehe you can always wrap yourself up with xmas paper and be a surprise for your husband instead. 💙💜💛
    • Posted

I find with those things debbie the rolls just move to another area! 😉
    • Posted

Hiya just keep walking and it will come off eventually.  One day.  😇 Girl style sit ups are great too.  Was watching Dr. Oz and we're doing stomach excercises.  Actually they do help but I forgot to do them after a while (brain fog) so I have some catching up to do. haha  Now xmas is coming.  Oh God the Lindor chocolates are out again! haha
    • Posted

Especially the coconut ones! Will brave the weather and take the dog for a good walk today. She is also a lady of a certain age, but still looks great, just a little grey hair under her muzzle🐾🐾🐾🐾
    • Posted

Dawww that's good dear.  😀 You are both going through menopause.  My dog is still too young yet but it approaches fast. 😕
    • Posted

I tried them what got stuffed in popped out elsewhere. But the best is trying to get them off when you need to go to the ladies it's like wrestling with an anaconda !!! Good luck 
    • Posted

Haha anaconda 💜💙💚❤️

I am fasting haha I am scared to eat cuz it goes right to my hips X3 waaaa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.