Help! Anxiety overload over twitching legs and feet!

Posted , 13 users are following.

hi ladies, so sorry to post this but this has to be the last straw with my anxiety. I was doing really well til I developed twitching feet and calfs. It's absolutely terrified me as I gave into Google and it brought up ALS/MND. My step mum died of MND at the age of 59 so now I'm terrified. Been crying all morning cos the flipping twitches just won't stop! Anyone else had this who can take a bit of the Google sting away? I truly think I'm losing my mind and I can't bear the thought of yet another trip to the docs. This is horrendous. Fingers crossed it's another peri symptom that I'm getting xxxx

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Advice from an old timer and Meno ,don't google ,I've never done it ,you can read into all sorts of meno issues ,which is nothing to do with meno at all ,why scare yourself .

Jay on meno came up with a meno list 66 symptoms now that's well worth a look at ,get a look at the Vits B 6 B12 ,and few others ,but do stop the googling .read what women on this site say .good advice they've walked the walk,and continue to do so .

So your not on your own ever ,all roughly had same troubles one way or another .

• Posted

Pressed key twice ,brain fog ,tinnitus hissing like CRAZY .

Stellaa always think it helps to know our ages in post. It's only us ladies here ,and where we live ie UK ,then when a med or Vit is mentioned we can find the correct name before posting ,that helps .Hey look how I spelt Stella ,one of those days oops .

• Posted

menopause and twitchy crawly feelings etc 

useful info ..

Symptoms of Restless Leg Syndrome • Itching • Burning • Electric Shock • General Discomfort • Aching • Fidgety • Tickling • Prickling Sensation • Urge to kick legs • Creepy crawly feelings • Throbbing • Pulling • Heaviness

If you are regularly suffering from these symptoms and are not menopausal it may be beneficial to get you blood sugar levels checked out. - 

• Posted

Hi jay, it's more a twitch than restless legs. Both feet and legs and it's driving me mad! Can't Google so I'm left flipping worried. Sometimes I need a good slap! 😡
    • Posted

hi stella

i use to get creepy skin, twitches etc, even an eye twitch..

on occassion.. it can be fluctuating hormones ..

mines stopped now i am post meno .. and hormones are low but on a low even mode ..

it very annoying 😞

jay xx 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay hoping you were around ,not many questions you've not found answer to.dont think there's been one come to think of it .

Hope your okay and animals all good .im in and out on site odd times . I've had itchy arms since I hit meno at 48 ,still have it now at 67 ,normally it starts late evenings ,so hey hormones still at it .I ate pineapple last night ,IBS playing up today ,see I never learn Dumb or what ,not had pineapple for months to ,so thought I'd give it a try again .wont anymore that's for sure .xxxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

yes i am good thanks, dogs fine, weather still great here 😃

hope your okay 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Stella. I have noticed an occasional twitch/ tightening of my calf muscle, especially on one leg. It's feels a bit like its about to cramp but doesn't . I also get twitchy, scratchy eyes and a twitch above my top lip which is very weird. It just like tightened up of its own accord. It's very strange but I've put mine down to hormones. I have found the magnesium helps. Also, having a soak in epsom slats can be really helpful especially if you suffer from stress/ anxiety. Xx
    • Posted

You feel all sorts of things with this peri. Sometimes, I feel like someone has punched me on my arm. You know, right in that area where you get a shot in the arm? We are in for a ride with these symptoms. Hang on tight!
  • Posted

Hi Stella

I had written you a long long reply and then deleted it by mistake, so I am only going to repeat a few things.  I have had all this and way more and seen all sorts of docs.  It is not anything like MS, it is hormones!  Also very scary!  The more anxious you get, the more you google and the cycle continues.  b6, b12, E and Magnesium all help.  The best site to read by far is "Buzzing Power Surge."  She has had all these scary symptoms.  She is brilliant.  She, and my own GP, when I finally got to see her and not some of the idiot men, was brilliant.  She has been there and knows how frightening it all can be.  Famous quote"This too shall pass.  You may feel like you are going to hell in a handbasket," but you will get through it.

I really do understand your fears.  Try not to worry as worry is actually the only problem on top of the peri!

KInd thoughts and hugs to you.

Jo

x

• Posted

You poor dear! If I were near you I would give you a consoling hug. So here's one from afar. I know all too well about googling your symptoms and come across some scary stuff. I can also relate to running back and forth to the doctor. I get twitches in my fingers, eye lid, head, and chest muscles. It is definitely a peri symptom. Relax, dear we're here for you.

xx

Sharlene

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.